After reading all of the reviews for Casa Marbella prior to our visit, I was expecting a wonderful experience, but it was even more fantastic that I could have imagined. We rented the 3 bedroom villa which was worth every penny to have more than 1500 ft of living space that included two large bedrooms with great views of the beach, one medium sized bedroom, 2 full bathrooms, and a large kitchen and living room area. There were only four of us in our party, but the villa could have easily accommodated 6 with plenty of room. However, the best part was the huge terrace with a full sized table that included seating for 6, 2 adirondac chairs, and my favorite - a hammock. It was simply amazing to wake up in the morning with a spectacular view from my bedroom and then to walk to the terrace and watch monkeys and listen to the surf while drinking my coffee - which by the way, they serve the VERY best coffee I have ever had. On a couple of evenings, we ordered take out and sat on our terrace and ate dinner because we really had a better view than most restaurants in Santa Teresa.
The location is perfect as a central point for visiting Mal Pais, Manzanilla, Montezuma. Curu, and Cabuya/Cabo Blanca Reserve. I was afraid my three teenage girls would get bored staying in one location for a week, but we ran out ot time to do everything that we originally planned, partly because we enjoyed just hanging out in Santa Teresa and at Casa Marbella. The girls have already begged me to plan a trip to Casa Marbella next year.
Stephanie and Jim were great hosts and arranged for ATV rentals to be delivered, provided suggestions of places to visit, and Jim was so patient when giving us surf lessons. The whole atmosphere of the place was positive and laid back and they were really sweet.
Casa Marbella will definitely be a vacation stop for us in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Marbella is a boutique style hotel centrally located in Santa Teresa, across the street from the beach on a hill overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Our guests can enjoy all that Santa Teresa/Mal Pais has to offer in comfort, style and security. It is a place where visitors can hear howler monkeys while watching the immense blue Pacific with a cool drink in his hand. After relaxing, it is just a short stroll to the beach, shopping, night life, restaurants, etc. We offer ocean view rooms, suites and condominiums with A/C, kitchen, in-room safe and more. Right in front of your door you will enjoy our refreshing pool with infinity edge. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Casa Marbella Santa Teresa
- Casa Marbella Hotel Santa Teresa
- Casa MarBella Costa Rica/Santa Teresa