Being that there are 200+ reviews almost all ranked excellent, I will try to write something different. Undoubtedly my words wont do the experience justice.
I am a 25 year old single male with a job in the finance industry that leaves me working overtime and entrepreneurial ventures that really make sure I work all of the time. I am physically very active and have traveled all over the world from the time I was a small child. I seek active, authentic vacations and came to Casa Marbella with the intention to learn how to surf. (I also do my fair share of Vegas type party vacations - not what I came here for). I traveled with a friend but look forward to coming back with a wife or whole family one day.
Location is great, facilities were perfect, town is awesome blah blah... Jim and Stephanie make Casa Marbella. They are two Americans from the coast of Florida that followed their hearts to Costa Rica and it absolutely shows through. They love their clients and live for their business. Which is ultimately teaching surfing for Jim and yoga for Stephanie while living in the most beautiful villa nestled nicely overlooking the pacific ocean. To be clear, had I had no interaction with Jim and Stephanie, no desire to surf and no interest in yoga, this review would be equally positive.
Jim had me standing up on a surf board my first try and Stephanie led the most fulfilling yoga session I have experienced having taken several hundred all over the united states from many different teachers.
As a ambitious American needing a breather from the real world, I could not have been more satisfied. The local town was authentic, filled with expats from around the world that have followed their hearts to a more peaceful life. The locals worked and lived right along side of the expat community with seemingly no divide. Not once did I encounter a beggar, thief or sketchy situation.
When I left Casa Marbella, the money I owed didn't seem adequate, nor did money at all. I am not much of one to write reviews but when an experience is this great, it seems the least I can do is to help direct others to have the same.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Marbella is a boutique style hotel centrally located in Santa Teresa, across the street from the beach on a hill overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Our guests can enjoy all that Santa Teresa/Mal Pais has to offer in comfort, style and security. It is a place where visitors can hear howler monkeys while watching the immense blue Pacific with a cool drink in his hand. After relaxing, it is just a short stroll to the beach, shopping, night life, restaurants, etc. We offer ocean view rooms, suites and condominiums with A/C, kitchen, in-room safe and more. Right in front of your door you will enjoy our refreshing pool with infinity edge. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Casa Marbella Santa Teresa
- Casa Marbella Hotel Santa Teresa
- Casa MarBella Costa Rica/Santa Teresa