We stayed in a double room with a kitchenette for two weeks during Christmas & New Year's and had a wonderful time. The building itself is beautiful and the view from the pool and the sun deck is just amazing. I'm really glad we chose this place and none of the other options closer to the sometimes noisy and dusty main road through Santa Teresa. The hotel's location on top of a little hill is just perfect.
We spent most of our days surfing (renting equipment from the hotel - surf lessons with Jim can also be recommended), relaxing, reading books, eating great food and just enjoying the good life. Jim, Stephanie and the rest of the staff are really helpful and arranged everything we needed. A day trip to Curu National Wildlife Refuge with a guide is a great tip if you want to learn and see more of the flora and fauna of the area.
The hotel doesn't have a restaurant of its own, but with Santa Teresa's best food just next door (Brisas del Mar) you don't need to worry about that. There's also a lot of other great restaurants nearby and a few supermarkets where you can get what you need if you want to fix your own breakfast or other meals.
Definitely longing back to this place!
- Also Known As:
- Casa Marbella Santa Teresa
- Casa Marbella Hotel Santa Teresa
- Casa MarBella Costa Rica/Santa Teresa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Marbella is a boutique style hotel centrally located in Santa Teresa, across the street from the beach on a hill overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Our guests can enjoy all that Santa Teresa/Mal Pais has to offer in comfort, style and security. It is a place where visitors can hear howler monkeys while watching the immense blue Pacific with a cool drink in his hand. After relaxing, it is just a short stroll to the beach, shopping, night life, restaurants, etc. We offer ocean view rooms, suites and condominiums with A/C, kitchen, in-room safe and more. Right in front of your door you will enjoy our refreshing pool with infinity edge. ... more less