“Perfect Spot” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa MarBella

We can't find prices for this hotel
Casa MarBella
125 meters east and 25 meters north of Super Ronny's, Santa Teresa 5361, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #5 of 25 hotels in Santa Teresa
Kamloops, Canada
“Perfect Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed at the Casa MarBella for 5 weeks and enjoyed every minute. Staff is amazing, very helpful, anything you want to do they can help you with; massage to practising your Spanish. Close to many great eating places and within a short walk to the beach. Whether its surfing or yoga the owners Jim and Stephnie can assist you. The pool is lovely, the view incredible. We feel very lucky that this spot was recommended to us.
Cathy and Bob

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

310 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

A wonderful vacation in Costa Rica! We stayed at Casa Marbella in Santa Teresa for two full weeks and loved every second of it. The hotel is beautiful, clean, & comfortable. Jim & Stephanie are excellent hosts and will help you with everything Costa Rica! Everything is close but far enough up the hill to be away from it all at the same time! This was our third stay at Casa Marbella & we have been all around Santa Teresa. We wouldn't think of staying anywhere else!

Room Tip: Get a suite if you like to cook your own meals!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This review is not the usual review because I didn't even get to stay here. The reason why I am giving a 5 star review for this hotel that I didn't even get the pleasure to stay at is because of the customer service. I made a reservation for 2 nights for February 13 and 14 for myself and my husband for valentines day. I was emailing back and forth with Stephanie about a few questions for tours and such because I wanted a special day.

My husband and I drove from Playa Grande to San Miguel, and little did we know, we had to drive 20 kilometres on a gravel road in our tiny Suzuki Celerio. We didn't even know if we would make it to our hotel. It took us over 1 hour to get to San Miguel. We were supposed to leave on the 13th for Santa Teresa, but we ended up finding out from the hotel owner in San Miguel that it is a bad drive for our little car. We would have to go over rivers and such. I unfortunately had to cancel our trip to Santa Teresa, and we were quite upset. Anyways, Stephanie ended up giving back my deposit. Thank you so much for understanding!

Angelique

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We just came back from an amazing vacation in Santa Teresa and already miss the pace and the beautiful surroundings this little village has to offer. We stayed 11 days at Casa Marbella and really enjoyed every second. Having explored Santa Teresa quite a lot during this time, we found no other place we'd wish to stay at. The rather small hotel is located up the hill and has very beautiful and spacious rooms (we stayed in one of the standard rooms) which were cleaned every day. There is a very nice pool with a breathtaking view over the ocean. It's a tranquil hotel offering e.g. yoga classes, massages and, of course, surf lessons (party people should choose a different location). The owners Jim and Stephanie are very relaxed and helpful to whatever you might need. The neighboring restaurant Brisas del Mar has excellent food.

/Andreas & Erika, Stockholm, Sweden.

Room Tip: The standard rooms are very nice but have no kitchen/-ette. The bigger 2 bedroom apartments have a p...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dortmund, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I visited Casa MarBella in November/December 2012 with my boyfriend. We had a truly wonderful time! Upon arrival I thought I was stepping into paradise!
This was my second visit to Casa MarBella and I didn't expect the hotel to be even more beautiful then a few years ago, but it was! With all the new additions like a sun deck, the yoga deck and all the overflowing greens around the hotel, I never even felt like I even wanted to leave the hotel and explore the surroundings ;) It is just a five minute walk to the beautiful beach and within two minutes you are on the main road with shops, a great variety of restaurants and everythings else you might need. Still, up at the hotel you don't feel any of this. It is super relaxing, peaceful and quiet. The view is amazing and I saw the most beautiful sunsets of my life. Also, what is better then hanging out in the lounge chairs on the yoga deck and watching monkeys and Iguanas climbing in the trees right in front of you?
Jim and Stephanie make you feel very welcome and are really taking great care of the place. Everything is well taken care of, nothing looks worn down and you can tell that a lot of love and thought it put into everything. Both have tons of suggestions for great activities in the area and can help you with everything you ask for. From day trips to waterfalls, zip lining in the near forest, fishing, snorkeling, sailing, quad tours, surf lessons, board rental, yoga, massages, restaurant suggestions...you name it, they have it or can organize it for you!
AS you might tell, I could go on and on about the beauty of this hotel but I will stop here and will only add, that I have been to quite some places in Costa Rica and especially the area around Santat Teresa but I haven't been to a place that offers such good value! If you go to Santa Teresa/Mal Pais, you HAVE ro stay there! I truly believe, there is no better place for your perfect vacation!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I cannot say enough about Casa MarBella, it made our stay in Santa Teresa that much more meaningful. When we first arrived we were greeted and taken on a tour of the hotel, we felt instantly relaxed looking at the infinity pool, yoga deck, hammocks and panoramic views!
Jim & Stephanie were beyond nice to my husband and I and took the time to get to know us and give us great recommendations. The rooms are nice and spacious and super clean, the staff goes the extra mile. We met some of the other guests and had such a nice time just lounging by the pool and enjoying the amazing sunset. Casa MarBella is within walking distance to markets, restaurants, shopping and more importantly, the beach and what a gorgeous beach it is. We had a wonderful time exploring Costa Rica, but our time at Casa MarBella was the icing on the cake. I cannot wait to return and stay at Casa MarBella.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hoboken, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Jim and Stephanie (the owners) have created the perfect gem in Santa Teresa. If it is your first time visiting the area, you must understand that their is no Marriott or Hilton. All accommodations are fairly quaint. That being said, this boutique hotel offers the very best I have ever seen in my 7 years of travel to Mal Pais/ Santa Teresa. We stayed in the 3 bedroom condo and the pictures on the website do not do it justice. We had an extremely spacious apartment which was designed beautifully and very well maintained. The pool was immaculate and offered a beautiful view with incredible sunsets. The price was very reasonable and the condo can sleep up to 6 people. To top it all off, Jim and Stephanie are friendly and attentive hosts. Any time we needed something they were quick to help. Our AC broke one day and Jim had it fixed within the hour. We would highly recommend staying here if you have the opportunity.

Room Tip: If you have at least 4 people, the luxury condo is the way to go.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Casa MarBella? Share your experiences!