“Pura Vida - "Pure Life"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa MarBella

We can't find prices for this hotel
Prices are for rooms, adults
Casa MarBella
Save Saved
You added Casa MarBella to your Saves list
125 meters east and 25 meters north of Super Ronny's, Santa Teresa 5361, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Santa Teresa
Oakland, California, United States
“Pura Vida - "Pure Life"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

This hotel is literally dreamy. It is in walking distance to a plethora of restaurants, although it is a bit of a hike back up; a hike I needed because all the food is so delicious in Santa Teresa. The hotel deck is a perfect location to practice yoga, watch a sunset or the monkeys feeding in the trees, or get a massage while enjoying the sound of the birds and the waves. The beach is perfect for both novice and advanced surfers. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Gales Ferry, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This review is long overdue, but not because we didn't love our stay! Jim and Stephanie are not only great hotel owners, but great people! They did everything to make sure our destination wedding was perfect. We rented the entire hotel to accommodate friends and family for our wedding and reception for 5 days and could not have been more pleased with the accommodations! The rooms were neat and clean (the cleaning staff did a great job of taking care of our large crew.) The view was incredible. Tucked away on the hillside, the road to Casa Marbella is a bit steep, but well worth the trek.
Jim took the time to try to teach our unruly bunch how to surf with great success. He is a wonderful instructor who takes the time to explain the concept of surfing before sending you out in the waves.
If you enjoy yoga at all, I highly recommend a session with Stephanie while you are there. Located on the yoga deck, the views are amazing and the yoga is even better. Stephanie is an incredibly skilled instructor and I felt like I got a great workout while getting a chance to relax and enjoy Costa Rica weather.
Stephanie and Jim both go out of their way to accommodate their guests. They were available to help organize tours, rent surf boards and just give general advice about Santa Teresa and the surrounding area. Getting 25 people to Costa Rica from all over the country should not have been an easy task, but Stephanie and Jim did a great job helping to organize and communicate with our party to create seamless travel arrangements. It took a great weight off of our minds when trying to organize a wedding!
My husband and I could gush over Casa Marbella for pages, but I will end this review with telling you that you will not be disappointed! I highly recommend Casa Marbella if you plan on staying in the Santa Teresa area. Some of our wedding party, along with my husband and myself, are already planning a return trip!
Oh, and don't pass on having dinner at Las Brisas restaurant just up the hill from the hotel! The best meal I have ever had in my life!

Room Tip: If you can swing it, I highly recommend the 3 bedroom condo. It has lots of space and great rooms...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Casa Marbella is a very restful and peaceful place to stay, it's walking distance to restaurants and beach - its a steep climb back up, but the food in Santa Teresa is good, so a walk after dinner is no bad thing! Our room was very comfortable and clean, lovely attention to detail in the design and use of local materials. The terrace and pool have incredible views over the ocean. Jim and Stephanie were very friendly and helpful. Great surfing lessons with Jim! We really hope to come back soon.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Whistler, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Where to begin!!!! My mom and I stayed in a 2 bedroom at Casa Marbella at the the end of November. Our room was amazing. Everything you could ask for. Clean, comfortable, spatious and beautiful and how could you not fall in love with the amazing ocean views. Every night we sat on our deck watching the beautiful sunsets. Jim and Stephanie were incredible. My mom and I both did Stephanie's yoga class and I took a surf lesson with Jim both of which were incredible and relaxing. They provided reccommendations for the "best of" in Santa Teresa were spot on with every activity that we did on our trip. They helped book each adventure and checked in after to see how much fun we had. Sailing and zip lining were some of our favorites.Every nights our bellies were content with the amazing restaurant reccomendations they provided ( Brisas Del Mar being my favorite).Jim and Stephanie were the utmost best hosts we have ever had and created that " amazing " experience for us. I've been to costa rica several times but never have I had an experience like the one I just had.
Both my mom and I are raving to all of our friends and family about our trip and we hope others get to experience a trip like ours. Perfect from start to finish. Thank you for an amazing stay Casa Marbella. By far the best value and experience you will ever get!!!!! We will be back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dolores, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Casa Marbella, Jim and Stephanie are the best of the best.
When in Santa Teresa as a couple, we would stay nowhere else.
Rooms with Kitchens save tons of cash, the extra room cost for sure, over the expensive ST rest, scene.
See ya'll again soon.

Room Tip: All rooms are great, two with no kitchen and 1 bed. Two with kitchen and one bed. two with kitchen a...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at Casa Marbella from the 17-25th of November, right at the beginning of the "dry" season. We stayed in the standard room with a kitchenette, which was perfect for our needs. The room and bathroom were perfectly clean when we arrived, and they housekeeping made the bed and tidied up the room daily.

There's not enough that can be said about the owners, Jim and Stephanie. They are incredibly nice and helpful, and ensure that your stay is as enjoyable as possible. They will organize all of your tours with transportation to and from, and Casa Marbella offers surfing lessons and yoga lessons as well as massage on site. We can vouch for the surf lessons with Jim which were a blast and also very helpful, but we did not do the yoga. However, those we talked to who did do yoga with Stephanie said it was excellent.

The hotel offers an infinity pool with a spectacular view. There is plenty of lounge seating as well in the pool area.

Santa Teresa is a great little town. There is not much for clubs/nightlife, but the local food options are fantastic. The people were all so friendly, and there were convenience stores that carried everything we needed. The beaches right next to the town are perfect for surfers and swimmers alike. There is also a restaurant (hence the restaurant 5-star review) that Casa Marbella provides a private entrance to right next door. I can't speak highly enough of the food and the view.

You cannot go wrong with this hotel and the area, in my opinion. So far it is the only place I have travelled to where I said I would come back again some day. Hopefully sooner than later!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Casa Marbella was a great place to stay! It's well located in Santa Teresa with everything you need within easy walking distance like: many very good restaurants (the food in that town was amazing), a variety of surf/souvenir shops and, of course, the sandy beach. With a special note about the Brisas Del Mar restaurant, just steps away from the hotel: it was incredible! You simply couldn't go wrong - from breakfast to dinner, the food was delicious and the service was wonderful.
For me, one of the "stand-out" features of this little hotel was it's owners, Jim and Stephanie, who were very hospitable, friendly and knowledgeable and made my visit feel more like home than staying in a hotel.
Loved it and will definitely go back some day.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Casa MarBella? Share your experiences!