This review is long overdue, but not because we didn't love our stay! Jim and Stephanie are not only great hotel owners, but great people! They did everything to make sure our destination wedding was perfect. We rented the entire hotel to accommodate friends and family for our wedding and reception for 5 days and could not have been more pleased with the accommodations! The rooms were neat and clean (the cleaning staff did a great job of taking care of our large crew.) The view was incredible. Tucked away on the hillside, the road to Casa Marbella is a bit steep, but well worth the trek.
Jim took the time to try to teach our unruly bunch how to surf with great success. He is a wonderful instructor who takes the time to explain the concept of surfing before sending you out in the waves.
If you enjoy yoga at all, I highly recommend a session with Stephanie while you are there. Located on the yoga deck, the views are amazing and the yoga is even better. Stephanie is an incredibly skilled instructor and I felt like I got a great workout while getting a chance to relax and enjoy Costa Rica weather.
Stephanie and Jim both go out of their way to accommodate their guests. They were available to help organize tours, rent surf boards and just give general advice about Santa Teresa and the surrounding area. Getting 25 people to Costa Rica from all over the country should not have been an easy task, but Stephanie and Jim did a great job helping to organize and communicate with our party to create seamless travel arrangements. It took a great weight off of our minds when trying to organize a wedding!
My husband and I could gush over Casa Marbella for pages, but I will end this review with telling you that you will not be disappointed! I highly recommend Casa Marbella if you plan on staying in the Santa Teresa area. Some of our wedding party, along with my husband and myself, are already planning a return trip!
Oh, and don't pass on having dinner at Las Brisas restaurant just up the hill from the hotel! The best meal I have ever had in my life!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Marbella is a boutique style hotel centrally located in Santa Teresa, across the street from the beach on a hill overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Our guests can enjoy all that Santa Teresa/Mal Pais has to offer in comfort, style and security. It is a place where visitors can hear howler monkeys while watching the immense blue Pacific with a cool drink in his hand. After relaxing, it is just a short stroll to the beach, shopping, night life, restaurants, etc. We offer ocean view rooms, suites and condominiums with A/C, kitchen, in-room safe and more. Right in front of your door you will enjoy our refreshing pool with infinity edge. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Casa Marbella Santa Teresa
- Casa Marbella Hotel Santa Teresa
- Casa MarBella Costa Rica/Santa Teresa