“Amazing place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa MarBella

We can't find prices for this hotel
Casa MarBella
You added Casa MarBella to your Saves list
125 meters east and 25 meters north of Super Ronny's, Santa Teresa 5361, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Santa Teresa
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Amazing place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at Casa Marbella from the 17-25th of November, right at the beginning of the "dry" season. We stayed in the standard room with a kitchenette, which was perfect for our needs. The room and bathroom were perfectly clean when we arrived, and they housekeeping made the bed and tidied up the room daily.

There's not enough that can be said about the owners, Jim and Stephanie. They are incredibly nice and helpful, and ensure that your stay is as enjoyable as possible. They will organize all of your tours with transportation to and from, and Casa Marbella offers surfing lessons and yoga lessons as well as massage on site. We can vouch for the surf lessons with Jim which were a blast and also very helpful, but we did not do the yoga. However, those we talked to who did do yoga with Stephanie said it was excellent.

The hotel offers an infinity pool with a spectacular view. There is plenty of lounge seating as well in the pool area.

Santa Teresa is a great little town. There is not much for clubs/nightlife, but the local food options are fantastic. The people were all so friendly, and there were convenience stores that carried everything we needed. The beaches right next to the town are perfect for surfers and swimmers alike. There is also a restaurant (hence the restaurant 5-star review) that Casa Marbella provides a private entrance to right next door. I can't speak highly enough of the food and the view.

You cannot go wrong with this hotel and the area, in my opinion. So far it is the only place I have travelled to where I said I would come back again some day. Hopefully sooner than later!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Casa Marbella was a great place to stay! It's well located in Santa Teresa with everything you need within easy walking distance like: many very good restaurants (the food in that town was amazing), a variety of surf/souvenir shops and, of course, the sandy beach. With a special note about the Brisas Del Mar restaurant, just steps away from the hotel: it was incredible! You simply couldn't go wrong - from breakfast to dinner, the food was delicious and the service was wonderful.
For me, one of the "stand-out" features of this little hotel was it's owners, Jim and Stephanie, who were very hospitable, friendly and knowledgeable and made my visit feel more like home than staying in a hotel.
Loved it and will definitely go back some day.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
NSB, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I absolutely love everything about Casa Marbella. The location is ideal for what ever your needs may be. The owners, Stephanie and Jim are great people and do a wonderful job at being laid back and very professional at the same time. The pace is slow in Mal Pais, but Stephanie and Jim will make sure you have what ever you need when you need it. I have been to Costa Rica three times, this was my first time in the Mal Pais area. It was certainly my favorite trip I have had yet, and that has just as much to do with the town Mal Pais/Santa Teresa as it does with Casa Marbella.

5 stars in the restaurant category is for the restaurant next door, ten steps from your room to the staircase for Brisas Del Mar. Their food would stand up to any good food in the SF Bay Area. We went our 2nd night in town and said that we would "mix it up and try as many places as possible"...we ended up going there 4 nights and at least 4 mornings that we were there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I just did my first yoga retreat at Casa Marbella, it was the second time i've stayed with them and the first time i hosted my retreat with them. The service all around was excellent. Stephanie and Jim the owners went out of their way to assist me and my group - from coordinating activities, making my guest feel as though it was their second home, providing top notch surf instruction, and a beautiful deck with stunning views to practice yoga on, I know i've found my home for my retreats. I'd recommend anyone staying in the area to choose Casa Marbella as the place to stay. Great food at Brisas Del Mar, the restaurant just steps away and offers great discounts for breakfast for the guests.

Room Tip: The 3 bedrooms units are great for families or groups of friends, but all rooms are great - if you a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I was very pleased with the service of Casa Marbella. We stayed there for six nights for our honeymoon. This was the first trip to central America and we were a little nervous about it. The folks at Casa Marbella were very helpful and made us feel very at home. The views from the rooms were amazing. We stayed in room #1 with was a 2 bedroom with a kitchen. We came during the end of the rainy season. There were 2 days where it rained all day, the rest of the time it would rain at night or early in the morning. The down side was there were not too many things open. The plus side was that it was so quiet which is exactly what we needed after the three ring circus that was our wedding. Towards the end of the week many places began to open up, which was nice. The pool was great place to relax and cool down. The views from the property are so beautiful they look like they should be on a postcard. If you get a chance bring a pair of binoculars, we were able to see some pretty amazing birds and iguanas sunning themselves in the trees. It made for a memorable honeymoon. I hope someday we will be able to make it back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Foresthill, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

This place is amazing!!!!! We stayed in the suite- which was huge. 2 bedroom- large kitchen for $100 a night with amazing views!!! The place was decorated perfect and our deck outside had a perfect view. it is in middle of santa teresa so you can walk into middle of town. The road itself to the place is a little steep and bumpy but well worth it to check out your view of the ocean. The pool was amazing and the property is super cute!! Our hostess Elenita was super nice and helpful. Unfortuatly we went on the off season and alot of things were closed! But was so glad to have been able to stay their and would highly recommend!! I would stay there again!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Hi !
This place is wonderful.
Nice pool, perfect ocean view, clean and cozy rooms.
Although the location is in the center of S Teresa it is nice and quiet.
Bars and restaurants are close to walk and my favorite restaurant was right next door perfect for the sunset drink.
Beside that Jim and Stef were super friendly and ready for all my stupid questions, I got this unforgetable surf lesson with Jim, explained with one word : stoked !
Me and my wife decided to come back for sure ....maybe with friends after we saw the amazing large condo upstairs on our last day.....
See you guys in 2013 :-)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Casa MarBella? Share your experiences!