I stayed at the Casa MarBella for four days (end of Jan - Feb 08) and it was incredible from beginning to end. The owners, Jim and Stephanie, are warm and welcoming and have created the perfect oasis in Santa Teresa. The hotel is a great break from all the cabinas and wooden structures you'll find all over Costa Rica. The rooms are immaculate, modern, spacious - perfect. All rooms have a refrigerator and safe (though you don't really need the safe - the hotel is quite secure). There are also units with two bedrooms and full kitchens if you're traveling with family or a group. The pool and lounge chair area is perfect and relaxing.
Casa MarBella is located up a hill off the main street. It is within walking distance to everything - the beach, many restaurants, the market. One restaurant in particular - Brisas Del Mar - is amazing. The freshest seafood I've ever had and perfectly prepared. Word is getting around so it's best to make a reservation. Another spot is the Hotel Buenos Aires, located right above MarBella. It's a convenient spot to have drinks or dinner with an amazing view of the sunset.
My stay was perfect and I'm already thinking about my next trip back. I cannot say enough great things about this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Marbella is a boutique style hotel centrally located in Santa Teresa, across the street from the beach on a hill overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Our guests can enjoy all that Santa Teresa/Mal Pais has to offer in comfort, style and security. It is a place where visitors can hear howler monkeys while watching the immense blue Pacific with a cool drink in his hand. After relaxing, it is just a short stroll to the beach, shopping, night life, restaurants, etc. We offer ocean view rooms, suites and condominiums with A/C, kitchen, in-room safe and more. Right in front of your door you will enjoy our refreshing pool with infinity edge. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Casa Marbella Santa Teresa
- Casa Marbella Hotel Santa Teresa
- Casa MarBella Costa Rica/Santa Teresa