“This place can't be beat!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villas Hermosas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Villas Hermosas
You added Villas Hermosas to your Saves list
400 mts sur de la escuela Hermosa Valley | San Martin de Cobano, Santa Teresa, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Santa Teresa
Cornelius, North Carolina
“This place can't be beat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2009

My 80 year old mother, grown daughter, and I just got back from the most wonderful 4 nights at Villas Hermosas! We were treated like queens! Tara was so helpful before I even left offering advice on activities and restaurants and making reservations for us. The setting could not be more beautiful and the villas were huge and so well crafted and decorated. We went on an exciting ATV tour with Brad which was a blast! They never made you feel like you were imposing when you had questions or requests. The breakfast cook, Carmen, even checked on my mother when we were gone since she hadn't come to breakfast and offered to bring it to her, Now that is what I call service!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Milwaukee, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2009

I'll echo another reviewer's sentiment that I selfishly almost didn't write this review because I don't want everyone to know how great Villas Hermosas is. What if I can't get a reservation next year? :)

All kidding aside, Villas Hermosas is stellar. Brad and Tara were excellent hosts. It started with Tara's top-notch service while my wife and I were planning our trip. She was incredibly helpful and responsive when I emailed her on numerous occasions. I was blown away because I'd never seen that sort of responsiveness before from a hotel, resort, or bed and breakfast. Once we arrived at Villas Hermosas, Brad and Tara took good care of us. They never had a shortage of ideas for adventures to take during the day.

Villas Hermosas is located just a couple of kilometers from shops and restaurants in Santa Teresa. It was about a 40-minute drive from the airstrip in Tambor - pretty easy to find. The beach is a couple hundred feet from the villas. Our villa was spacious, clean (great housekeepers), had a water cooler, AC, in-room safe for valuables, and overlooked the beautiful pool.

Kristi whipped up a mean breakfast each morning. Thanks, Kristi!

We stayed for 6 nights and were sad to leave. It did feel like we had an extended family by the time we left. The other guests were friendly, and conversations with everyone during breakfast each day were a nice way to start the morning.

I couldn't possibly recommend this place any more highly.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Portland OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2009

I found this hidden treasure while looking for honeymoon ideas at Trip Advisor. I knew that the area is great but wasn’t sure about accommodations. Even after reading so many great reviews, I was still hesitant as it sounded too good to be true. Well let me say that every single word of praise written about Villas Hermosas is well deserved.

Brad, Tara, and the staff are very courteous and friendly. They make you feel welcome from the start. They really go out of their way to make things happen for their guests and most important, they do it with a smile on their face. I loved their attention to detail! When we arrived at our villa, there was a greeting card from Brad and Tara congratulating us on our marriage along a complementary bottle of wine. This really impressed me. Customer service is my number one priority and they definitely excided my expectations.

Their property gorgeous and very well kept. It is obvious that they really love this place. Although simple and somewhat rustic, the honeymoon villa has a great charm and an unbeatable view of the beach. It is a very romantic setting!

I am extremely satisfied with my stay at Villas Hermosas and WILL go back again in the future. As Tara said when we checked out, it is not "good bye" it is "see you later."

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2009

Very nice place, just as advertised, you can believe all these reviews. The staff were really helpful the entire stay. The villa was immaculate with high quality construction, A/C, wireless internet. Everyone who worked her was very friendly and always willing to point us in the direction of something fun or interesting to do.

Highly recommend if you are interested in seeing some sights, spending time surfing and/or relaxing near the beach/pool.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Southern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

Just got home from our honeymoon, having stayed at Villas Hermosas for most of it, and my wife and I never imagined the wonder that awaited us at this hidden gem in Costa Rica. I have a very selfish side in me that wanted to not post anything about this place to keep this place as unspoiled and perfect as it is, but there's no way I could, as I wish this place nothing but years and years of wild success. My wife and I are already starting to plan our next trip down!

Most of these reviews detail the wonderful time they had here, which pretty much mirrors the time we had, so I'll keep it short and sweet. If you are thinking of going to Costa Rica, like having all of the comforts of home and beyond, and want to be treated as a member of a distant, extended family, then this is the place for you. It's one thing to have a first-class, luxurious boutique hotel in the most perfect spot on the face of the planet, but couple that with it being owned and operated by some of the nicest and genuinely warm people you'll ever meet who care about you and the time you'll have there and you've found paradise on Earth.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2009

Yes it's THAT amazing! My partner and I traveled all over Costa Rica for 2 weeks with our final 4 days at Villa Hermosas. It was by far the highlight of our entire journey! We even said next time we would skip the rest of Costa Rica and head right to Villa Hermosas! We stayed in the Honeymoon Villa which was gigantic! the white canopy bed was incredible romantic, free homemade breakfast every morning pool side was wonderful and ...the Beach WORDS CANNOT DISCRIBE!!! Imagine an entire absolutely gorgeous beach all to your selves! For miles in each direction, waters warm and inviting, 3 surf breaks for all levels: beginnings can surf in the closest break, intermediate a little further out and the pros grabbing spectacular breaks far out! We both had never surfed before and took lessons from a champion surfer who traveled the world looking for the best wave and came to Santa Teresa and never. We recommend him highly and he is the surf teacher Hermosas uses. We were worried about heading down there during the raining season but everyday was sunny and hot and cooled down during the evenings with rain on the rooftops putting us to sleep. I've been to many beach destinations and this is by far the #1 spot I've ever been to! You will LOVE IT! We can't wait to go back and talk about it all the time to friends and family!

One negative note: :-( Keep an eye on your valuables on the beach. There are petty thefts. We had our beach bag stolen. :-(

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

Our trip to Villas Hermosas far exceeded our expectations - which were very high to start. While we did not get to enjoy the hospitality of Brad and Tara (they were enjoying their own vacation), we were well taken care of by Judy and David, Brad's Aunt and Uncle as well as Tara's parents. By the time we left, we felt like we had made many new friends - almost more like being part of the family. It is certainly a family atmosphere at Villas Hermosas. The grounds are beautiful and well kept. The villas are spacious, well furnished and comfortable (loved the mood lighting). All the staff was helpful (even help crack open the coconut we found with their machete). Enjoyed the morning breakfasts (thanks Kristi) and meeting the other visitors. This trip was well out of the ordinary - as you walk up and down one of the most beautiful beaches with practically no one else there or you are awakened in the morning by the Howler monkeys - leaving no doubt how they got their name. Certainly one of the highlights, and there were many, was the chef prepared dinner by Torsten - if you do nothing else while you are there, have Torsten prepare you a five star four course dinner (include the flourless chocolate cake for dessert)!!! It was fabulous, and he is a very remarkable person - we very much enjoyed not only the food but his company - another new friend from our trip. We would also recommend dining at Flora Blanca right down the road. A very nice atmosphere with a good view and wonderful service. As for Costa Rica, this was our very first trip but certainly not our last. Everyone we met always asked "How do you like Costa Rica" and then proceeded to tell us how much they loved it! In the short time we were there - we found out why. So much to see and do, hike in the jungle, zip line, fish (and the tuna you buy in the grocery store does not compare to what you catch and cook yourself), the dirt roads ;-), walks on the beach, the Montezuma waterfall...and still so much we didn't get to do. Our only regret is we didn't stay longer (only 4 nights). Our only warning is beware of the "shortcuts" when it is getting close to dark, as we "tried " to take one on our way back from Montezuma one evening. Roads can change depending on the rain the night before - but that is also one of our special memories. Could certainly go on, but would highly recommend if you are looking for a very special, memorable vacation - away from the ordinary - Costa Rica and Villas Hermosas should be very high on your list. Muchos Gracias to all our new "friends".

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Villas Hermosas? Share your experiences!