“Most Amazing Place Ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villas Hermosas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Villas Hermosas
You added Villas Hermosas to your Saves list
400 mts sur de la escuela Hermosa Valley | Playa Hermosa de Santa Teresa, Santa Teresa 60111, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Santa Teresa
Moore1608
“Most Amazing Place Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2009

We decided to get married down in Costa Rica this winter because we knew the owners of the hotel and the experience was above and beyond anything we ever expect. This has to be one of the most beautiful and untouched places on the planet. There are so few beaches that are accessible from a hotel that you can stand on without anyone else in site. The hotel is amazing, you can talk to everyone at the resort while being able to avoid everyone just as easily.

As for the wedding, if you're looking for a place where you can have a wedding on a beach this is the most beautiful location. The sun sets over the ocean, there are minimal people on the beach and the reception area is perfect for a small to medium sized group (there were about 50 for ours and there was more than enough room while still feeling very intimate). The available chefs in the area are amazing. I am a Celiac and they were completely accomidating, I think it was the best wedding cake I'd ever had let alone the best gluten free wedding cake!

As for the area, it's hard to get better. We had people surfing, snorkeling, scuba diving, horseback riding, ATVing, etc, etc. Everyone was able to find something to do. Coupled by a beautiful pool from which we viewed a variety of birds, monkey, lizards (one snake but Tara says in 5 years she's seen 5 snakes - I hate snakes) it was amazing.

If you are looking for a destination wedding we highly recommend it.

I can't say enough about the hotel. From the 40 people who flew down for the wedding there was nothing bad to say about the hotel. I would describe the wedding as relaxing - how many brides can say that - especially since it was so far away. If you ask Brad and Tara they have my recommendations for planning a wedding down there. (My husband would like me to note that not everyone was staying at the hotel, there were only about 16 people there officially but people came and went throughout the week).

I hope this helps. I understand it may sound biased but I've travelled around the world and down the pacific coast of Costa Rica. The Mal Pais area is the most beautiful area without being ridiculously touristy. There aren't people selling things up and down the beach. You can be on an amazing beach completely alone. It's a feeling you can't experience anywhere else. While saying all this it's extremely easy to travel around the area. The Costa Rican people are some of the friendliest people you could ever meet and most helpful. You wont be disappointed.

Sam

• Liked — Private while still feeling social and right on a beautiful beach with hardly anyone there.
  • Disliked — Roads aren't the best in the area for travel (you definitely need a four wheel drive)
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2009

Our stay in this beautiful part of the world just before Christmas was as a result of an invitation to a wedding being held @ Villas Hermosas, which incidentally means beautiful villas and true to their name in every way. The villas are spacious, tastefully decorated, well equipped, very comfortable and lacking nothing. They are located near Santa Teresa on the Pacific coast of the Nicoya Peninsula.

Both Brad and Tara, the owners, are delightful, as are their two beautiful children. They were perfect hosts and went out of their way to make us all feel welcome.

Delicious breakfasts were provided each morning outside under the Rancho located near the pool. The property is set amid a luscious tropical garden and only a stone’s throw from the beach where we all gathered each evening to watch the sun go down. This was also the location of the wedding ceremony……such a romantic setting. Days were spent relaxing in or beside the pool, strolling along the beach, rock pooling, swimming in the sea, and bird watching. One of the highlights was spotting several howler monkeys high in the trees. I was glad I brought my binoculars with me! Others in the party took surfing lessons from the beach nearby. A group of us enjoyed a day snorkeling from Tortuga Island one day. Incidentally there is even a secure play area for little ones, so a perfect place for family vacations, as well as other age groups.

I highly recommend this magical corner of the earth and definitely plan to return one day!

• Liked — Homely, comfortable beds, a beautiful setting, secure, air conditioning
  • Disliked — No complaints whatsoever
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2008

Villa Hermosas is the most relaxing, intimate, and tranquil
resort I have ever been to. It is situated on the most beautiful stretch of beach in all of Costa Rica, paradise on earth! The villas are modern and provide all the comforts of home.
The owners, Brad and Tara, are fabulous hosts who make you feel right at home. I cannot put into words how much I loved my time there, let's just say leaving Villa Hermosas was one of the most challenging things I've had to do in my lifetime! When you're there, you really do forget about everything else and truly appreciate and enjoy living in the moment. Villa Hermosas is by far the "perfect" vacation spot in Costa Rica.
Thank you Brad and Tara.

Sonja Franzmann, Calgary

Philly, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2008

We just got back from our honeymoon in Costa Rica and part of the time we stayed at Villas Hermosas. I booked this property by reviews on Trip Advisor and I could not have been happier. It exceeded every expectation that we had for it.

The property is beautiful....right on a gorgeous and secluded sandy beach surrounded by nature. The Villas are spacious and modern and the honeymoon suite is cozy and intimate. Morning breakfasts are served under the veranda next to the pool. The breakfasts were yummy and Christy the chef was so nice, friendly and helpful. She cooked up our favorite breakfasts and pulled double duty by walking us around the grounds to find new and interesting animals and monkeys!

The owners, Tara and Brad, and their staff went out of their way to make our time there special. They arranged for surfing lessons and private horse back riding on the beach...both of which were alot of fun. They advised us on all of the area restaurants and weekend markets. You really felt like you were with friends and family who were looking out for your best interests.

Look no further for THE place to stay in this area. You will have
the time of your life and bring home many beautiful memories. We can't wait to go back!

• Liked — Location on beach and great owners/staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
Somewhere, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2008

We decided to stay at Villas Hermosas for the last 3 nights of our trip to the Nicoya Penninsula. The owners were excellent hosts. They were so friendly and inviting and always available for any questions and assisted us with travel plans. The accomodations were far better than we expected. We stayed in a family villa that was very spacious and private. Our two preschoolers loved the beautiful beach and the pool was perfect... a sloping entry to the large pool with waterfall and a childrens pool. The breakfasts were excellent and I can't say enough about the staff that the owners have working with them. It is a paradise, of course because of location, but also due to the people you will encounter at Villas Hermosas.

• Liked — The whole package- location, waves, pool, villa, howler monkeys, iguanas, etc.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2008

This place is quite simply beautiful in every way....the owner's (Brad & Tara) have a beautiful spirit for both family and business....the villas are wonderful and the grounds are amazing. Hummingbirds abound, howler monkeys are in the trees, and the beach is a few steps away.....our trip was the best....I couldn't recommend them or their beautiful resort more; you won't be disappointed!

Pamela & Jim Syvertson
Orlando, Florida

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed at Villas Hermosas this past summer. It is easily the most unique place I've ever vacationed. Of course, the setting is beautiful, the villas are immaculate and the service is impecable. Yes, it really is as wonderful (or better) than the website suggests! What makes Villas Hermosas special, though, is the people who own it. Upon arrival at this incredible small resort, one instantaneously becomes family. Many people have mentioned in their reviews how wonderful Brad and Tara are, but even all of the rave reviews don't quite do them justice. Villas Hermosas truly was a labor of love for this family, and you can feel it in every aspect of the grounds. They have cultivated this paradise from their own hearts and minds so that travelers can experience Mal Pais the way it should be experienced.

A couple of words of advice... rent a car. Breakfast is served at the villas daily, but there's no restaurant on the property. Taxis are hard to come by and can be expensive. If you have a car, though, some of the most divine food is a 5 minute drive from Villas Hermosas! Take Tara's restaurant recommendations and you'll have meals that easily stand up to the best cuisine you've tasted anywhere. Renting a car will also give you easy access to all of the attractions surrounding Mal Pais. Again, take Tara's advice on where to go and what to see... she'll also happily book anything for you!

So book it. Definitely. It's beyond worth it.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Villas Hermosas? Share your experiences!