Our family stayed at villas hermosas to celebrate my dads 61st birthday. We booked 3 of the 4 villas. My dad stayed in the honeymoon villa overlooking the ocean. My sister and her husband stayed in a poolside villa and my family of 5 stayed in another poolside villa. The villas are comfortable and have air conditioning (yay!). We loved waking up every morning and enjoying the freshly prepared breakfast. The breakfast breads were warm from the oven- so good!
We took advantage of Brads ATV tour. If you love off road fun, then you have got to do his tour! Our family also made the 45 minute drive to hike the waterfall in montezuma. Very beautiful, but a bit strenuous for my dad.
The kids (ages 11, 10 and 7) loved adventuring in the shallow river on Villa Hermosas property that leads to the ocean. They also loved swimming in the communal pool. Jumping from the pool waterfall may be their favorite memory!
We enjoyed two delicious chef prepared dinners served in the pool cabana. We also grilled our own dinner poolside one night.
Santa Teresa is a relaxed surf village with a dirt road running through the center of town. Our family enjoyed some of the best sushi ever at Kojis, which is walking distance from the villas. We also loved hanging out watching the World Cup at the local bar Nativo- and yes we took the kids and they loved it!
We loved every minute of our vacation. Brad and Tara are the perfect hosts, they are always there if needed. They gave spot on honest advice about activities. We all loved going on long beach walks with the resident dogs and our kids loved playing with Brad and Tara's kids.
Villas Hermosas is perfect for large family gatherings and romantic getaways. We will go back with or without the kids. So fun!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The distinctive beachfront hotel, Villas Hermosas, is located in Playa Hermosa of Mal Pais on the Pacific Ocean in Costa Rica. Please come and share with them their playful surf, thriving jungle, empty beaches, tropical gardens, and inviting swimming pool, while enjoying all the comforts of home! With only four villas, they offer a uniquely intimate experience. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Villas Hermosas Hotel Santa Teresa
- Hermosas Hotel Santa Teresa
- Villas Hermosas Costa Rica/Santa Teresa