We have stayed here twice over the past three years. We were here at Christmas in December of 2011 and in February in 2014. They were fully booked last year so we had to stay at a neighboring hotel. This hotel is not just our favorite location in Hermosa Beach, Costa Rica, but one of the best hotels we have ever visited. The villas are clean, comfortable, and beautiful. The staff was invisible and perfect. The two bedroom villa we stayed in both times had beautiful stained glass, well appointed kitchens, and comfortable dining (dominoes) space. The complimentary breakfast served each morning (family style)by the pool is consistently delicious and charming. The banana bread was so good that we had to walk an extra hour one morning to work off our 3 pieces and begged for the recipe. I have stayed here with my mother (67) and two children (ages 13 and 17) and they all agree that it is their favorite spot! We grabbed a second cup of coffee each morning and sat by the pool, dreaming of how we might move here permanently while staring up at the towering trees where the monkeys play for hours. The hotel is located on a great surfing beach and the family who owns and runs the 4 villa retreat is available at breakfast each day to book your daily adventure, chat about the local culture, and make you feel as if you are part of the family. Each night, everyone gathers under the trees on the beach to watch the sunset and drink in the beauty. We have travelled to 5 star hotels and bungalows in jungles all over the world and this is by far our favorite hotel of any we have visited, not just for the accommodations, but also for the way that we feel at home every time we step on site. We will definitely count this as a family favorite and a place to return for many years to come.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The distinctive beachfront hotel, Villas Hermosas, is located in Playa Hermosa of Mal Pais on the Pacific Ocean in Costa Rica. Please come and share with them their playful surf, thriving jungle, empty beaches, tropical gardens, and inviting swimming pool, while enjoying all the comforts of home! With only four villas, they offer a uniquely intimate experience. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Villas Hermosas Hotel Santa Teresa
- Hermosas Hotel Santa Teresa
- Villas Hermosas Costa Rica/Santa Teresa