Villas Hermosas was amazing! I couldn’t imagine our trip being any better! Brad and Tara (the owners) went above and beyond to make sure that not only our needs were met, but our expectations were exceeded. We were there for my sweet brother and sister in law’s wedding and we had a large group so we took up all of the villas and the honeymoon suite. My husband and I stayed in a 2 bedroom villa, along with another couple and it was perfect! The rooms were nice, clean and cool, the bathrooms were spacious, the beds were comfy and the pool/waterfall was awesome. The staff at VH was also top notch. The maintenance guys kept things looking immaculate and even got me a fresh coconut when I asked for one! Christy cooked AMAZING breakfasts every morning with fresh fruit, waffles or pancakes, beans and rice, and eggs to order (I recommend the omelet with everything!). I should also mention Reef the dog. He makes an awesome escort/guard and a great substitute for when you are missing your furry kids at home. One of my favorite parts of our trip was just sitting around the pool/waterfall. It was so serene. One of the other highlights was Brad’s ATV tour. The scenery was amazing and the restaurant he took us to was delish! I know that Tara was so helpful to my new sister in law, Amy, with her wedding planning and the wedding and reception were just perfect. Tara made reservations for us, got us cabs and basically bent over backwards to make sure we had the trip of a lifetime.
1. Brads ATV tour-so fun and you really get to see paradise!
2. At least one night, walk out to the beach to look at the sky. I have never seen so many stars and we were lucky enough to catch a meteor shower.
3. Curu wildlife refuge/Isla Tortuga combo-the island was gorgeous, snorkeling was fun and we got to see a TON of white faced capuchin monkeys
4. Brisas Del Mar restaurant-yum!
5. Surfing-VH has surfboards to rent and Brad can even give you a few pointers
6. Sunsets-try to catch every one that you can because they are a little different every day. Grab some drinks cause they have a couple of chairs for you to sit in while you enjoy the sunset!
The trip from San Jose was a little bumpy, but beyond worth it to get to Villas Hermosas. On the way back to the airport, I took a Dramamine and it was much better ;) Overall we absolutely loved Costa Rica and Villas Hermosas and hope to return one day soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The distinctive beachfront hotel, Villas Hermosas, is located in Playa Hermosa of Mal Pais on the Pacific Ocean in Costa Rica. Please come and share with them their playful surf, thriving jungle, empty beaches, tropical gardens, and inviting swimming pool, while enjoying all the comforts of home! With only four villas, they offer a uniquely intimate experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Villas Hermosas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas Hermosas Hotel Santa Teresa
- Hermosas Hotel Santa Teresa
- Villas Hermosas Costa Rica/Santa Teresa