My husband and I travelled with our two teenage children. After spending four nights in the town of Santa Teresa and participating in many activities, we spent four relaxing days/nights at Villas Hermosas. We had visited the Cabo Blanco Nature Reserve the previous day and spent an hour and a half watching for wildlife, when we spotted howler monkeys in the distance. After checking into Villas Hermosas, we decided to take a dip in the pool only to look up and see howler monkeys in a tree near the pool! The next morning after our wonderful breakfast, a group of howlers were feeding in a tree beside the sand badmitton court while we played. One day, Tara arranged for a nearby fishing excursion for the guys (yielding mackerel, blackfin tuna, and the much anticipated...roosterfish) and a massage & pedicure for the girls in our villa. Most of our time, however, was spent walking along the beautiful beach, gathering shells and swimming. It was one of the most peaceful, unplugged family experiences one could imagine. Everyone we came in contact with at Villas Hermosas was helpful and friendly. After reading many reviews, it's hard to summarize the experience other that to say, "Stay here and create lifelong memories!".
- Also Known As:
- Villas Hermosas Hotel Santa Teresa
- Villas Hermosas Hotel
- Hermosas Hotel Santa Teresa
- Villas Hermosas Costa Rica/Santa Teresa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The distinctive beachfront hotel, Villas Hermosas, is located in Playa Hermosa of Mal Pais on the Pacific Ocean in Costa Rica. Please come and share with them their playful surf, thriving jungle, empty beaches, tropical gardens, and inviting swimming pool, while enjoying all the comforts of home! With only four villas, they offer a uniquely intimate experience. ... more less