Once we get a little sand in our shorts, we're pretty cranky. When we've got sand in our shorts, we got no tolerance for crowds, heat, cold, allergens, our own children, cars, traffic, stairs, religious fanatics, elevators, TV, escalators, anyone else's music choices, hotel lobbies, sushi, sharp sticks, or sunburn. That's what makes Villas Hermosas magic: When you get sand in your shorts at the beach at Villas Hermosas, you need endure very, very few additional irritations before you reach your villa and your shower and get that first problem cleared up. VH offers many bonuses: verdant botanical plantings, meticulous maintenance and cleaning, personal attention, a somewhat loyal dog who tags along on beach outings but might abandon you upon finding another guest at the seaside, exhaustive concierge services from relentlessly cheerful owners, and nighttime rains that fail to sully the sunny days. Would we go back? Honestly, we just don't like beaches all that much. Let's say we're abundantly joyful that we spent our one beach vacation of this lifetime at Villas Hermosas, and if we ever find ourselves at a beach again, we hope it's because we're once again at Villas Hermosas.
- Also Known As:
- Villas Hermosas Hotel Santa Teresa
- Villas Hermosas Hotel
- Hermosas Hotel Santa Teresa
- Villas Hermosas Costa Rica/Santa Teresa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The distinctive beachfront hotel, Villas Hermosas, is located in Playa Hermosa of Mal Pais on the Pacific Ocean in Costa Rica. Please come and share with them their playful surf, thriving jungle, empty beaches, tropical gardens, and inviting swimming pool, while enjoying all the comforts of home! With only four villas, they offer a uniquely intimate experience. ... more less