“AMAZING.......AMAZING.......AMAZING.....!!!!!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villas Hermosas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Villas Hermosas
400 mts sur de la escuela Hermosa Valley | San Martin de Cobano, Santa Teresa, Costa Rica   |
Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #2 of 25 hotels in Santa Teresa
Lithia, Fl
“AMAZING.......AMAZING.......AMAZING.....!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

If you can find this possible, the reviews on here drastically understate how AMAZING Villas Hermosas is for a relaxing vacation. The resort itself is immaculate, the villas are very big inside and the beach is out of this world. The sunsets are amazing.........each night taking on a different beautiful look in the sky......each painting unique. EVERY restaurant we went to was as good as the previous one. I cannot give you one bad restaurant in town. Brisas Del Mar was amazing to watch the sunset overlooking the Pacific, Koji had amazing Japanese food and is walkable from the resort.
The 'difference maker' with this resort compared to other 5 star resorts are the HOSTS. Both Tara and Brad are wonderful and go out of their way to accommodate any and all requests with a smile. From the minute you arrive, they make you feel 'welcome' and that warmth doesn't disappear even after you get home from you vacation. My only word of caution, and Tara is the first to tell you before you come, DO YOUR HOMEWORK. This is not South Beach or San Diego. There are minimal paved roads with most dirt roads needing a 4x4 to travel on. Depending on your interests for a vacation that could be a deterrent. The reality is, it enhances the beauty of Costa Rica to be able to see it intact and unaltered like so many places we visit that have become commercialized for tourism.
Breakfast at the Ranchiro cooked by Kristie is amazing and the perfect touch to start your vacation day out each morning with a smile.
DO NOT MISS Brad's ATV tour.................it was probably the highlight of our trip. I would suggest doing it early in your trip as you will surely want to do it again.
I could go on and on but the best thing to do is to go see it for yourself. Words cannot describe what you are about to experience.
Brad and Tara make it painful to leave as they, and their 2 children, make you feel so wonderful during your vacation.
The entire family and staff 'kill you with kindness'.
We will definately be back again soon to see our new friends.

Room Tip: All the villas are the same and extremely spacious.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

258 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

This was a terrific place - absolutely beautiful, with spectacular grounds, lovely rooms, and right on the beach. I was there with my sister for a quiet getaway - we loved the small size and attention to detail. Everything was super clean and beautifully maintained, and all of the staff were very friendly and always helpful. The owners Brad and Tara have created a fantastic, family-friendly establishment and they were always willing to go out of their way to help schedule activities and answer questions. They were also full of helpful advice and great tips. We would go back in a heartbeat!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Believe everything you have heard. Villas Hermosas is absolutely perfect. We considered many locations and hotels for our honeymoon but couldn't have chosen a better place to spend it. Santa Teresa is beautiful, the beaches are unbelievable, you feel so secluded. Brad and Tara are the absolute best hosts you could ask for; they make you feel like you are old friends! Their recommendations and help with excursions and reservations were priceless. Their dogs (especially Reef) and kids make you feel like you are part of their family and provide great entertainment. The villas are spacious, very clean, and very well decorated. The grounds are beautiful and extremely well maintained. Breakfast at the Rancho is delicious and the honor fridge is great. We didn't eat a bad meal the whole time, the food in town is spectacular, don't miss Koji's, Brisas del Mar, Chicken Joes, El Pulpo, or Burger Rancho. As far as excursions go, Brad's ATV Tour was the best thing we have ever done; we wish we had a chance to do it twice. Tara also set us up with a zip-lining tour in Montezuma and massages at Flor Blanca's Spa, which were both amazing. We feel like anywhere else we ever travel will never live up to Villas Hermosas, so we may never go anywhere else! We can't wait to go back! Book your trip now, you won't regret it!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Torrance
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

The great reviews are spot on; the villas are intimate, beautiful, spacious, and comfortable, and Brad and Tara couldn't have been better hosts. When my husband and I were deciding where we wanted to go on our honeymoon, we both decided we wanted to be around the beach and friendly people, and we wanted plenty of activities and nature along with a small town atmosphere. We chose the Villas based on the reviews and the price. We knew we were in for a good time when we arrived and there was a sign on the office door telling us to find our hosts on the beach. It was awesome. We stepped out, and there was the whole family just enjoying Paradise.

Right when we arrived, Tara helped us ditch our rental car (she arranged for Toyota to pick it up for us) and had an ATV brought to us. We spent the rest of the vacation on an ATV. Brad took us on an awesome ATV tour, and they were there to give food recommendations and directions to anywhere we needed to go. Mmmm. Don't miss out on the Tuna Ceviche just in town at Rancho Burger. Breakfast was really yummy and nice, and it was super cool that they had a fridge in the rancho next to the pool stocked with drinks and munchies. I just don't think you can find this type of service and intimacy at the big hotels. My husband and I honestly felt like we were hanging out with our friends from home. I find myself telling all of my friends that they not only need to go to Costa Rica, but that they are crazy if they don't go stay with Brad and Tara at the Villas Hermosas.

Bay Area, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Is this review TL;DR? Let me summarize by confirming all of the positive reviews for this property.
This 4-unit (plus owner's unit) property felt like it was a million miles from anywhere - only you could easily drive into town for supplies and restaurants. The beach immediately adjacent to the property was pretty rocky, but just walk a short ways down the beach and you have a giant beach practically to yourself (and a handful of local doggies). Brad and Tara are just a cool and fun as the other reviewers say. DO NOT MISS Brad's quad-tour! Tons of fun and the best value of any local attraction. The accommodations were very nice, grounds are beautiful, and the pool was refreshing and relaxing. One note, this is a family-friendly resort so you will likely encounter children, the owner's kids are adorable, but there most certainly will be children present for some portion of the visit.

Room Tip: The honeymoon unit looks absolutely great, but hard to get - plan ahead.
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Where to start with so many great memories from our honeymoon.

We stayed in the honeymoon suite at Villas Hermosas for 11 days and 10 nights at the end of May into the first few days of June 2012.

We decided to fly in through San Jose and then puddle jump to Tambor using Sansa Air. Once in Tambor we rented a car from Budget. This worked for us and I would recommend this approach to others. The Sansa flight was easy and Budget was friendly and met our needs. If you can follow a road and read a sign I would not pay the extra money for a GPS. It was very easy to find VH with Tara's directions.

Upon our arrival we were instantly introduced into the relaxed culture of Santa Teresa. We were greeted by Brad who hopped out of the pool, carried our bags and gave us a short tour of the amenities. We found the honeymoon villa to be spacious and it contained everything we needed. The villa is right on the beach and I will guarantee you will not be disappointed, we weren't.

Each morning we were greeted in the rancho by Kristi, a true asset to VH. She not only prepares a great breakfast and makes a mean banana bread but is also a wealth of information about the area. It was on her recommendation that we followed the river next to VH into the jungle, had a great massage, learned fun facts about Costa Rica and found the best soda (local food) in town. Be sure to pick her brain on your visit.

As others have said at length, Brad's ATV tour is not to be missed. We enjoyed it so much that we went on a second trip. Both with memories that will last a life time. The trip is packed with great views, river crossings, rides on the beach and even a stop...or two for drinks and/or a bite to eat. Brad has a knack for assuring everyone has a great time on the excursion.

Although we found the restaurants to be more expensive than we expected, there was something for everyone and Brad and Tara are happy to recommend and even make reservations to the hot spots. I would recommend Brisas Del Mar for a delicious dinner and a great seat for the sunset. Also try Pita for a well priced and delicious lunch. Habanero was great for drinks on the beach and the food was very good. Al Chile Viola had a delicious menu as well.

Another great seat for the sunset as many have mentioned is on the beach in front of VH. This is surely not to be missed. The array of colors and relaxing sound of the surf will hopefully stick with us until our next visit.

Thank you to Brad, Tara and the entire VH staff for an unforgettable honeymoon.

Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

There is simply no other way to say it because Villas Hermosas seriously gave me the best vacation of my life. I cannot thank Brad and Tara enough for everything they did to make our trip so perfect.

Costa Rica was a place I had always wanted to go and the experience exceeded my expectations. Everyone we met was extraordinarily friendly, the food was delicious every place we ate, the scenery even more beautiful than I imagined and the adventures could not have been more invigorating or fun.

I spent about 8 days at Villas Hermosas with 13 of my closest friends and there were days where the biggest decision we had to make was whether we should be swimming in the ocean or drinking champagne in the pool. The next day we would jump on our ATV's, hike to a waterfall (off of which we jumped), zip line through the jungle, rope swing into watering holes and then race the sunset as we crested over the mountain on our four wheelers headed back to our "home" for the week where we ended the day night swimming and dance partying.

Every morning we were greeted in the rancho with a scrumptious made to order breakfast. I haven't been so spoiled since I lived at home with my parents! The villas made our stay so comfortable. They were extremely clean and cozy with plenty of space for us all to stretch out, get some privacy when we needed and enjoy the common areas together. Every staff member who worked on site was kind, respectful and super friendly.

The most fantastic massage therapist ever came to our villa. Twice! We went horseback riding on the beach where our guide brought the horses to US at the almond grove on site and then let us run those beautiful creatures through the waves. It was the most glorious horseback riding experience of my life. Reef, my new favorite dog who lives at the Villas, would escort us out to the beach and not leave our side until we returned home. He was so loyal and happy. We couldn't help but laugh watching him jump through puddles and waves with such abandon. It is simply impossible not to relax there.

I could go on about this place forever but the bottom line is I could not recommend staying here more. It's a beautiful part of the world and Villas Hermosas is the ideal place to experience everything Costa Rica has to offer! I know I will be back and cannot wait until that day comes. I know Brad and Tara will take care of me and anyone I bring along. They run a beautiful property and now they are friends forever.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Villas Hermosas? Share your experiences!