We traveled with one other couple (4 total) and reserved two bungalows, one for each couple. We do not share the rooms, as we were going to more of a couples getaway than a surfing getaway.
With that said, this location was perfect for either of the two options (group travel or romantic travel). The bungalows are very private and quiet. We did not hear anyone else while in our rooms. The A/C worked very well, and the rooms and bathrooms were awesome. I can definitely tell that Gloria is very detail oriented, as the rooms were decorated well, not like a hotel at all. Her taste is great! The property was also very cool... the shared kitchen worked well because we had a decent sized fridge, huge stove/oven, full sink and lot of counter space to work with. We cooked almost every day, and made good use of the kitchen. The location was pretty cool as well, the walk to the beach is very short, and you get to see some locals on the way down to the beach as well as a horse, and a restaurant. The restaurant had great food and is located right on the beach with a superb view. Decent prices, too. The pool at the hotel is a great size, very clean and crystal clear blue. The best thing about the property is the amazing landscaping. It is like a tropical oasis. I say this because they have like 10-20 species of tropical plants, all of which were in full bloom the entire time we were there. They even have 2 huge coconut/palm trees that you can see up close from the bunaglow balconies (each bungalow has it's own private balcony with 2 chairs and a small table) with french doors that open up to it).
Last, but certainly not least.. the staff were amazing. There are 3 main ladies (Sofi, Pia, & Silvina) all of who are gorgeous and fun!! They are very knowledgeable about the town and what it has to offer, including the superb restaurants. They made reservations anytime we wanted to go anywhere and arranged for the cabs very quickly!! They seemed to love helping in any way they could. Also, the maid MiMi is excellent. She cleaned the rooms top to bottom each day and changed the sheets on the 3rd day as the hotel promises without us having to ask. She is very trustworthy and did not take one cent out of room even when we accidentally left money out.
So, to say the least.. it was an excellent vacation. We can't wait to go back.. and we will definitely be staying at Blue Surf Sanctuary. We did not see a place that even compared in the entire town!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Surf Sanctuary is a small boutique hotel & upscale surf school located in magical Santa Teresa, Costa Rica, 100 yards from the sand!Gorgeous bungalows with daily housekeeping, A/C, pool and fully equipped kitchen. We pride ourselves on our stellar customer service, our use of organic soaps and consciousness about our beautiful oceanWe offer both accommodations only, surf packages or surf lessons to outside clients! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Blue Surf Sanctuary reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Surf Sanctuary Hotel Santa Teresa
- Blue Surf Sanctuary Costa Rica/Santa Teresa