We stayed here for my friend’s 30th birthday and we brought home great memories of our stay at Blue Surf Sanctuary. The property is more beautiful in person than how it looks on the website. It was more than what I expected. The property is very well maintained and the rooms are impeccably clean. The bungalows have modern furnishings yet give a comfy, relaxing feel. The staff is friendly and many, many thanks to Pia for all her great recommendations on places to eat and activities, and especially for her efforts on making our stay so enjoyable. Pia also gave us our last surf lesson and she is a great surfing instructor. Although there were 3 of us for the lesson, she was still able to give us individualized attention. Johno, our instructor for our initial surfing lessons, was also great and this is proven by being able to stand on the board on our very first lesson.
The beach is a very short walk, less than 5 minutes, and is clean and not crowded. If you are looking for a vibrant nightlife, there really isn’t one. I really enjoyed the area because it has not yet been “commercialized” with major hotel chains. Personally, I hope it stays that way.
If you decide to drive to Santa Teresa from San Jose or Tambor airport (the better choice), be ready for the dirt roads which start after Cobano. It was quite an experience for us. A 4X4 is highly recommended. Also parking at Blue Surf is limited.
This is a great place for all types i.e. girls getaway, family vacation, solo or group travel. I highly recommend staying at Blue Surf.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Surf Sanctuary is a small boutique hotel & upscale surf school located in magical Santa Teresa, Costa Rica, 100 yards from the sand!Gorgeous bungalows with daily housekeeping, A/C, pool and fully equipped kitchen. We pride ourselves on our stellar customer service, our use of organic soaps and consciousness about our beautiful oceanWe offer both accommodations only, surf packages or surf lessons to outside clients! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Blue Surf Sanctuary reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Surf Sanctuary Hotel Santa Teresa
- Blue Surf Sanctuary Costa Rica/Santa Teresa