“Serene surfing getaway” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 31 Santa Teresa B&B and Inns
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Serene surfing getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Blue Surf was amazing! We were met at the airport and brought to the property where a friendly staff member greeted us. The staff helped us plan out activities for the week including surfing lessons and surfboard rentals for the week, a full day sailing and scuba trip to Tortuga, and ATV rentals. Having a communal outdoor kitchen was great for cooking, drinking, and hanging out with the other travelers. Blue Surf is tucked away just past the main stretch of town and right off the beach. It is close to a bunch of restaurants as well as convenience stores. The beach was ideal for surfing, wave jumping and relaxing as it was never crowded. Getting all the way to Playa Santa Teresa is a bit of a trek, but worth it for the pristine beaches and uncrowded surfing. If I ever return Playa Santa Teresa I will certainly return to Blue Surf Sanctuary!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Memphis, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Blue Surf Sanctuary had come recommended by a friend. We travel to Costa Rica several times a year and decided to head to the beach this trip, so I started communicating with the staff of the Blue Surf and they are just wonderful people to deal with. Once we arrived the local staff were all just wonderful, the rooms are clean spacious, just a wonderful place to spend three days on the beach. I would highly recommend the Blue Surf to any one wanting a place away from the touristic high dollar areas of Costa Rica. The beach is wonderful the people are wonderful, our whole experience was just awesome. When you do go, head to the Soda Ticisia just down the road, great food at a reasonable price. Overall just a wonderful time are already planning our time there again next year.

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Blue Surf for 11 nights and it was incredible! The location, the staff, the rooms, everything was awesome. My husband and I showed up a night early; tired from travel, we walked in with fingers crossed hoping that we would be able to get a room. The night guard immediately opened our room for us. I was shocked and told him that we haven't yet paid for the night and he basically said don't worry about that now. We were so surprised and amazed by the 'don't worry' vibe.The staff at Blue Surf helped arrange activities for us, set up transportation and even helped my husband plan a surprise massage for me. Oh and the surf lessons! Our instructor Toto was seriously awesome, extremely knowledgable and encouraging. To sum it up: Blue Surf is the perfect combination of luxury, comfort and an off the beaten path, authentic cultural experience. One more thing: While there, we met an amazing couple from California and spent some time surfing with them. When they checked out, they surprise rented us a surf board for 4 days. We found out after they had already left. We were so touched by their generosity. Santa Teresa and Blue Surf truly are special places. We can't wait to return!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

Arranged for my husband to have a much needed 10 day solo beach CHILLAX. Could not have chosen a better venue. The assistance I received from the staff in sorting everything from transport to activities was customer service at it's very best. According to my husband and his photos it was PARADISE. Small venue with giant opportunity for amazing memories. I am personally looking forward to my turn at this little piece of heaven. Thanks to everyone for sending home a very de stressed husband.

Room Tip: No such thing as a bad room here.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Blue Surf Sanctuatury is welcoming, comfortable and beautiful with attention to details everywhere your eye lands. The staff was wonderful. The pre-planning assistance was extremely helpful! We became very fond of each staff member during our stay. The staff really took good care of us. The excursions they set up were fantastic! Chartered fishing and snorkeling trip off Isle of Tortuga combined with Curu Wildlife Nature Reserve with our guide, Marcella, who just graduated from the University as a Biologist. His knowledge made our trip very interesting! We hiked in the jungle and jumped from the waterfalls at Montezuma. I am a mother who vacationed with my 17 year-old son. It was a great time! Everyday was a mix of adventure, gorgeous interaction with nature, relaxation and interesting people. The food was healthy and fresh. We travelled about via ATV 4 of the 7 days of our trip. This allowed us to see the surrounding areas, plus it was so much fun! The water is so clear! We "made snorkel" with our swim goggles at many of the beaches, tide pools along the coast. I highly recommend a "holiday" to Blue Surf Sanctuary!

Room Tip: I believe each room is similar. The open air kitchen and seating area was a favorite spot to visit w...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Denville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

We just got back from a weeks vacation at blue surf and words can't explain how special it is there... But I will try. It's beautiful! The staff was super helpful and happy and accomodating. Our room was thoroughly cleaned everyday. Also, we felt super safe during our entire stay. There was even a night security guard.
Santa Teresa is such a cool spot in general. Full if great food flora Blanca up the road has great breakfast and is also where I practiced yoga. The instructor Stefano was the best.
Casa de mar in town had THE BEST empanadas.
Kika and the beach bar Rocamar had fun music, good drinks, and good food.
We rented bikes for our stay to get around which was cheap $10 a day!
The best part of our stay was our daily surf instruction with Danny. He was a great teacher and by the end of the week we were getting up on waves on our own.
I think blue surf is unique for the area because it's economical but has every amenity we could want. A/c was a blessing. The pool was great. We made friends and invited them over for drinks, everyone was jealous of our place at BSS.
While there we got engaged. we loved BSS so much we are having a destination wedding there next year.
Lastly ... And importantly the coffee was very very good.

• Stayed July 2014
Barnstable, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Stayed here for several nights with our family of four, Mom & Dad and two boys of ages 22 and 24. The beach within walking distance provided hours of entertainment and the hotel staff was incredibly helpful with questions about where to go to eat and anything else we needed to go. The family traveled around Costa Rica for 12 days and this was unanimously our favorite place that we stayed. If I ever return to Costa Rica in the future, I'm headed here first.

Room Tip: All rooms are quite similar if not the exact same, and all of them are awesome.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Blue Surf Sanctuary? Share your experiences!