After years of dreaming about surfing warm Costa Rica water I came to a place in my life where I had the time and resources to actually do it. After extensive research I decided to stay at the Blue Surf for a couple reasons, I guess number one because it is affiliated with Billabong, second because it wasn't the cheapest therefore could count on safety and cleanliness, and third because the staff and owners were so pleasant and attentive in helping accommodate me in my travel plans. My twenty two year old son and I flew from LAX to San Jose then hopped Nature Air (spectacular sights) and was greeted by a friendly cab driver sent to meet us by Blue Surf in Tambor. Nice. Forty five minute drive to Blue Surf and for first timers it really was a sanctuary, it was night so a big friendly security staff member helped us with our bags to our very pleasant bungalow. Split level with charming siesta area on floor level with classic outdoor hammock style outdoor bed and upper level open floor plan with high ceilings, wood floors and really cool balcony to have coffee and listen to prehistoric sounding monkeys. This place is perfect for the traveler that wants the details taken care of in a sensitive manner, for instance the surf instructors were pretty much there every morning to encourage stoke and would continue to go out with whoever felt like it throughout the day then watch footage in the communal kitchen later. After my son went home I was able to stay a couple more weeks in Costa in part to the cool people I met in the area and the staff at Blue Surf. Oh and by the way incredible surf.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Surf Sanctuary is a small boutique hotel & upscale surf school located in magical Santa Teresa, Costa Rica, 100 yards from the sand!Gorgeous bungalows with daily housekeeping, A/C, pool and fully equipped kitchen. We pride ourselves on our stellar customer service, our use of organic soaps and consciousness about our beautiful oceanWe offer both accommodations only, surf packages or surf lessons to outside clients! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Blue Surf Sanctuary reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Surf Sanctuary Hotel Santa Teresa
- Blue Surf Sanctuary Costa Rica/Santa Teresa