This was my second trip to Mal Pais (Santa Teresa) and I found Casa Zen last time because of the yoga classes on the porch (which occur every morning). When I knew I was coming back this year (2010) I contacted Casa Zen before I booked my flight. I knew I wanted to stay in the "apartment".
For the price this is perfect for 2 people (or a family). It is a large room with kitchen, dining and living/sleeping areas and a large bathroom. Food is always a big expence when I travel, but we had breakfast and lunch from our own kitchen most days and ate out for dinner. We also made smoothies (blender is included) at least once a day. CR beach towns are hot and smoothies with all the fresh CR fruit are key,.
The owner and staff are all great. The place is clean and comfortable. It is off the main road a short walk to the beach. Its perfect and when I come back next year I'll stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Santa Teresa and Mal Pais are rather remote beach towns, and that is what makes them so special! Thankfully, even though we are a little off the beaten path, there are still quite a few services available to visitors. This is a excellent area to relax practicing of Yoga and Surf.On the first floor, we have six private rooms, ideal for single travelers, couples or pairs of friends. The rooms have either a double bed or two single beds. We also have two larger private rooms on the first floor, each with beds for three people. Scroll down for photos and prices for our private rooms. Upstairs you will find the apartment plus three additional rooms with varying capacities, featuring exterior doors as well as interior doors connecting to the apartment. An abundance of shared bathrooms are also located on the first floor (there are many to choose from and they are always clean!).We also have two well-equipped communal kitchens, including our signature chef’s kitchen, complete with a professional quality stove, microwave, blenders, and a giant stainless steel refrigerator. We offer a amazing Yoga deck with every day class. Our helpful, bilingual staff is always ready to help plan other tours and activities in the area, including surf lessons, canopy tours, stand up paddleboarding (SUP), visits to nearby waterfalls, fishing, sailing, snorkeling, horseback riding, ATV rentals and more. We can also assist you with restaurant recommendations, reservations and travel planning, so your trip can be totally relaxing and worry-free! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, HostelWorld, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Casa Zen Guest House & Yoga Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Zen Hotel Santa Teresa
- Casa Zen Guest House & Yoga Center Costa Rica/Santa Teresa