Casa Zen has been by far the best place for the value we have stayed in here in Costa Rica. Our room was private double room and was clean and simple - just what we were looking for. There are multiple areas to hang out as well as wonderful hammocks to lounge in.
The breakfast was absolutely perfect - fruit, toast with butter and jam and coffee (or tea). The community kitchen was easily the nicest we have ever seen as it used to be the professional kitchen for a restaurant that used to be there. It was also well stocked with cookbooks and a variety of spices.
We didn't take any yoga classes as we were on a budget but heard from other visitors that they were very good.
Casa Zen was so close to the beach - a 3-min barefoot walk away! It was also well placed in between the sprawling, long road of Santa Teresa. The grocery store was directly across the street.
Overall, an excellent option and the best value you'll find in Santa Teresa!
- Also Known As:
- Casa Zen Hotel
- Casa Zen Hotel Santa Teresa
- Casa Zen Guest House & Yoga Center Costa Rica/Santa Teresa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Santa Teresa and Mal Pais are rather remote beach towns, and that is what makes them so special! Thankfully, even though we are a little off the beaten path, there are still quite a few services available to visitors. This is a excellent area to relax practicing of Yoga and Surf.On the first floor, we have six private rooms, ideal for single travelers, couples or pairs of friends. The rooms have either a double bed or two single beds. We also have two larger private rooms on the first floor, each with beds for three people. Scroll down for photos and prices for our private rooms. Upstairs you will find the apartment plus three additional rooms with varying capacities, featuring exterior doors as well as interior doors connecting to the apartment. An abundance of shared bathrooms are also located on the first floor (there are many to choose from and they are always clean!).We also have two well-equipped communal kitchens, including our signature chef’s kitchen, complete with a professional quality stove, microwave, blenders, and a giant stainless steel refrigerator. We offer a amazing Yoga deck with every day class. Our helpful, bilingual staff is always ready to help plan other tours and activities in the area, including surf lessons, canopy tours, stand up paddleboarding (SUP), visits to nearby waterfalls, fishing, sailing, snorkeling, horseback riding, ATV rentals and more. We can also assist you with restaurant recommendations, reservations and travel planning, so your trip can be totally relaxing and worry-free! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and HostelWorld so you can book your Casa Zen Guest House & Yoga Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.