Casa Zen was the perfect vacation. Wonderfully helpful staff, full kitchen, multiple yoga and fitness classes each day, a food store, surf shop and cafes 100 paces in one direction and the beach 109 in the other, hammocks and cozy nooks about at Casa zen. But the true value is in the people- the wonderful staff and also the other guests. If you are looking for a party hostel, please keep looking. You will find a mix if respectful and mature travelers here of all ages. . Family friendly but perfect for singles and couples. My typical day was a sunrise surf followed by free breakfast of tropical fruit and toast, then yoga, then hammock time, back to the beach for a long walk, another yoga fitness class, lunch, chill time, and sunset surfing followed by potluck dinners with the other hip and lovely travelers. Occasionally we'd organize field trips to other local beaches and attractions.
You will not find a more vigorous and challenging yoga than with Adrian, or a more motivating cardio workout than with Gemma. Do take a surf lesson or two with Martin (Gemma's partner) and you will have arrived in your heavenly vacation.
Try and book as many days or weeks as possible. It fills quickly but it was worth room hopping to stay more time. Had originally planned three days here then to continue to Manuel Antonio and Corcovado. Be forewarned if you are set in ither destinations do them first, ad once you arrive you will not want to leave.
All that said. There are some considerations for luxury seekers: water is room temp (you will not want hot as it is quite hot here) and baths and showers are shared.
When in doubt, book here longer. It was exactly what I needed.
Also - they rent bikes and surf boards for fair prices and will help you take care of any arrangements you need help with.
Also - meticulously clean and conscious owners.
Rooms were very good - could be better only with more storage/ shelves for belongings and reading lights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Santa Teresa and Mal Pais are rather remote beach towns, and that is what makes them so special! Thankfully, even though we are a little off the beaten path, there are still quite a few services available to visitors. This is a excellent area to relax practicing of Yoga and Surf.On the first floor, we have six private rooms, ideal for single travelers, couples or pairs of friends. The rooms have either a double bed or two single beds. We also have two larger private rooms on the first floor, each with beds for three people. Scroll down for photos and prices for our private rooms. Upstairs you will find the apartment plus three additional rooms with varying capacities, featuring exterior doors as well as interior doors connecting to the apartment. An abundance of shared bathrooms are also located on the first floor (there are many to choose from and they are always clean!).We also have two well-equipped communal kitchens, including our signature chef’s kitchen, complete with a professional quality stove, microwave, blenders, and a giant stainless steel refrigerator. We offer a amazing Yoga deck with every day class. Our helpful, bilingual staff is always ready to help plan other tours and activities in the area, including surf lessons, canopy tours, stand up paddleboarding (SUP), visits to nearby waterfalls, fishing, sailing, snorkeling, horseback riding, ATV rentals and more. We can also assist you with restaurant recommendations, reservations and travel planning, so your trip can be totally relaxing and worry-free! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and HostelWorld so you can book your Casa Zen Guest House & Yoga Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Zen Hotel Santa Teresa
- Casa Zen Guest House & Yoga Center Costa Rica/Santa Teresa