I stayed here for 5 nights. The location is fantastic, just steps from the beach, close to a grocery store, and about halfway along the long dirt road that is Santa Teresa. The rooms are nice and dark so you can actually sleep in (something rare in CR!) There are plenty of hammocks and places to sit and hang out. It was quiet though, and not very social. The restaurant had shut down when I was there, Unfortunately, their communal kitchen was terrible. It consisted of a two portable burners of which only one worked, a fridge and a sink. The pots and pans were in terrible condition, there wasn't enough cutlery for more than 3 people to eat at a time. A bit difficult for a traveler on a budget that relies on cooking for himself. The other thing I did not like was that in the entire time I was there, our room was not cleaned at all. Garbage bins were kept outside and were emptied, but with all the sand and dirt that accumulated in the room, I felt that 6 days was too long to go without giving it a sweep.The woman at the front desk could be a bit defensive sometimes, even when you were just asking her a simple question.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Santa Teresa and Mal Pais are rather remote beach towns, and that is what makes them so special! Thankfully, even though we are a little off the beaten path, there are still quite a few services available to visitors. This is a excellent area to relax practicing of Yoga and Surf.On the first floor, we have six private rooms, ideal for single travelers, couples or pairs of friends. The rooms have either a double bed or two single beds. We also have two larger private rooms on the first floor, each with beds for three people. Scroll down for photos and prices for our private rooms. Upstairs you will find the apartment plus three additional rooms with varying capacities, featuring exterior doors as well as interior doors connecting to the apartment. An abundance of shared bathrooms are also located on the first floor (there are many to choose from and they are always clean!).We also have two well-equipped communal kitchens, including our signature chef’s kitchen, complete with a professional quality stove, microwave, blenders, and a giant stainless steel refrigerator. We offer a amazing Yoga deck with every day class. Our helpful, bilingual staff is always ready to help plan other tours and activities in the area, including surf lessons, canopy tours, stand up paddleboarding (SUP), visits to nearby waterfalls, fishing, sailing, snorkeling, horseback riding, ATV rentals and more. We can also assist you with restaurant recommendations, reservations and travel planning, so your trip can be totally relaxing and worry-free! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Casa Zen Guest House & Yoga Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Zen Hotel Santa Teresa
- Casa Zen Guest House & Yoga Center Costa Rica/Santa Teresa