“much more then what we expected” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Horizon Ocean View Hotel and Yoga Center

We can't find prices for this hotel
Horizon Ocean View Hotel and Yoga Center
You added Horizon Ocean View Hotel and Yoga Center to your Saves list
Santa Teresa, Santa Teresa, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Santa Teresa
Albany, New York
“much more then what we expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2011

Me and my girlfriend planed a trip for three days to this beautiful place called Santa Teresa.
we ended up staying for five nights because we fell in love with this magical place and wonderful hotel.
the location of the hotel is perfect, right in the center of town so we didn't need to walk too much to go eat at night, they even have the must delicious restaurant right next to then one minute walk.
the service of the hotel was much more then what we expected the rooms were beautiful and very well accessorized. It was such a pleaser waking up every morning with the amazing view of the ocean on the wooden deck of are room, eating the local fruits.
but what we enjoyed the most was the owners hospitality and patience, we always felt free to come talk to then and ask for advice, were to eat what good activities we can do and even just to chat about life in Costa Rica.
If I were to go back I would definitely stay again at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Hebrew first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2011

My boyfriend and I have stayed at Horizon 2 years in a row. Costa Rica is beautiful but the real reason we go back to Santa Teresa is because we have such a wonderful time at Horizon. It is a real sanctuary from the world above the rest of the town nestled into nature on a hill with the most wonderful view of the water. We LOVE the yoga there, we LOVE the food there- get the power shakes for breakfast, the only drawback is missing them so much when you come home. The rooms, bungalow style are truly private and you still feel the peaceful seclusion even when you're enjoying the view from your own private deck. This place is a gem. I am almost reluctant to write about it because I don't want it to be overcrowded next time I go! Oh and the best massages ever! We cannot wait to go back. We're already planning our next trip. If Horizon moved anywhere else, we'd follow them, Yoav and Gal are such a pleasure and are truly masters at what they do and what they provide.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2011

The basics: I stayed in a cute, clean studio room with a comfortable bed, clean water system (you can drink from the sink, no problem). I had a mini fridge, a safe, and a little basket for laundry. There was no closet, but a simple bar with hangers for clothes and a couple of hooks (totally sufficient). One thing that I had to think about was throwing the toilet paper in a separate provided garbage can- guess it helps a probably older or more rural pipe system? I loved my private deck with table, chairs and a hammock- played Bananagrams and lounged in the hammock overlooking the ocean and trees. Outside I had a cold shower for cleaning off after trips to the beach, and they've a small 'tranquility pool' with a fabulous view...Vegetarian Tea House was clean, with awesome options, and the Yoga Deck is awesome! Beautiful view with mats and props provided. I didn't want to travel with my laptop & there's a computer in the reception/tea house for guest use...the reception closes at 5pm. Let's see, what else...the walls are a bit thin, so if you are in a cabina next to a loud talking couple, you'll hear them, but this wasn't too bothersome.

To extend and share...

I am so grateful the universe brought me to Horizon for what was a relaxing, clarifying cleanse vacation. The owners, Yoav and Gali, did a wonderful job creating a great yoga/detox program for me, and made me feel welcome & safe on my first ever vacation/travels abroad alone! I enjoyed talking with them, really enjoyed the yoga classes (I am a dancer and teacher myself- they were all great teachers)- my vacation package included guided meditations, and the holistic center/spa they work with has a fantastic staff- Dr. Teo, Annie & Jessica took wonderful care of me, and the spa was so lovely. Through staying at Horizon, I was able to do just as I'd hoped, which was to relax, find more focus and space in my head and body to prepare me to go back to New York City and start up with an intense work schedule...the perfect place for me. For that and so much more, I am grateful.

You will find a generosity and open spirit with the staff at Horizon, and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great place to stay for relaxation and rejuvenation. Morning or sunset yoga classes offered (overlooking the lush green trees and the ocean), the lovely beach is a quick walk down the hill, there are cute spots to eat (the Horizon Tea House has delicious food and natural beverage selections (The fresh herbal tea, Shakshuka and Power Shakes are awesome!), and Pasta Basta down the hill is a wonderful choice as well for those who eat meat or want a large variety of options). I enjoyed the peace & quiet, went into town for some evening entertainment down the road, met locals and travels who came just for the yoga...do yourself a favor and book your relaxing vacation at the Horizon Hotel!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

I booked 10 day stay detox/yoga trip at this amazing place.

I have done some detox trips before (Portugal and turkey) but you can not compare this to Horizon.
The place has something magic about it. Every little corner has had tastefull attention. Looking around makes you see more and more.

The detox was started with a few days raw food. Followed by 3 days juices (i did 4) and the last days raw food again. All the amazing food was made (and brought twice a day) by Joanna from the [-]
I have to say, what a wunderfull and warm person she is. Food is her passion, and you can tell!

I didn't have any food in the teahouse for that reason but it looked delicious.

Staying away from the teahouse to not get tempted to take any other food (especially when I was on only juice) I didnt speak to Yoav and Gali that much but they checked in on me now and then. They are so nice and warm people who take the time for every guest.

The yoga lessons Yoav gives are beautifull and I learned so much already in just one week! Yoga lessons every day wich I def. going to keep up back in Holland, on the roofdeck with an amazing view. Pictures don't do justice, it's much nicer in real.

I can go on and on but don't need to say more.

I'm writing this in my hammock by the way on my last day of stay (sadly).

Last words:

Don't hesitate if you want to go here. I'ts THE best stay in Santa Teresa.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

Horizon's charm, natural beauty, and quiet environment surpassed our expectations.The owners' generosity was notable in their attention to detail and availability to assist with services to make our trip smooth and stress-free. Our meals were works of art and our cabina was lovely. We opted out of tentative plans to try zip lines and other adventures to sink into the serenity and gentle energy at Horizons.

Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2011

This is the best place ever! The villas and rooms are beautiful and the couple owning the place will take so good care of you. You can have a fantasic breakfast or lunch in the Tearoom, or you can lay in your hammock sipping on a glass of wine from the nearby supermarket. You have the best restaurant in Santa Teresa up the hill from the hotel, and you have a five minute walk to the beach. If Im lucky to get back to Costa Rica again, this will be my first priority.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2011

We came back to stay at Horizon for a second time for our honeymoon this year because we fell in love with it when we visited in the summer of 2009. The relaxed atmosphere and outstanding hospitality made us feel like guests at a friend's home. The ocean view is incredible. We were able to watch the sunset from our balcony every evening and fall asleep to the calm sounds of the ocean each night.

We especially enjoyed Horizon's food menu. We still miss it. Everything on the breakfast and lunch menu was exquisitely plated and prepared with fresh ingredients. We looked forward to breakfast after yoga each day and lunch everyday after surfing or a day at the beach.

The morning and afternoon yoga was excellent. The view of the Pacific Ocean from the yoga deck, along with the sea breeze made for a perfect combination for meditation, reflection and a healthy yoga session.

Horizon's location is perfectly removed from the main street, but just a few minutes down the hill to the beach, shops and restaurants. In our opinion, Horizon is the perfect retreat for anyone that's seeking a peaceful spa experience in the paradise of Costa Rica. We're currently trying to figure out how to visit once a year for our anniversary! We really can't say enough great things about our experience at Horizon.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Horizon Ocean View Hotel and Yoga Center? Share your experiences!