“exceeded my expectations” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Santa Teresa
San Francisco, California
“exceeded my expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

My husband and I just spent four nights here. The place is beautiful and the owners are very friendly. Each morning we practiced yoga in their yoga space over looking the ocean. Our cabin was beautiful too, with nice little touches, including a small kitchen, ocean view balcony including a breakfast table and chairs as well as a hammock.....they've thought to offer so many lovely little things, like a fan on the balcony, because it gets really hot there and an umbrella for when it's close to rainy season.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Hebrew first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

I was in Costa Rica for one month and Horizon was my favourite accommodation of the whole trip. I stayed in room 3 and everything was perfect for me. I loved the view, the balcony, the room/bed and also having a small kitchen to prepare my breakfast and supper. The bathroom and shower were also perfect. I loved getting up in the morning after a good nights sleep to such a beautiful view.

I don't practice yoga and so didn't go to the classes however I was allowed to use their magical practice space for my tai chi and 5 rhythms practice when it wasn't in use for classes and I enjoyed this immensely.

Horizon is near to the shops and good surfing and being by myself I felt connected to the nearby neighbourhood.

I felt looked after while I was there and would definitely go back given the chance.

Room Tip: Room 3 is perfect.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

My husband and I booked Horizons based on the outstanding reviews on Tripadvidor. We were not disappointed, the hotel could not have been more perfect for our stay in Santa Teresa. Horizons has such a calm and tranquil vibe. The attention to detail is quite possibly the best I have seen on all my travels. From the cleanliness of the rooms to the originality of the restaurant menu, everything is impressive!

Room Tip: You can't beat the ocean front cabins.
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

It was the perfect place to take a holiday.

The cabinas were privately nestled among native, tropical plants. It was so refreshing to start the day sitting on my private deck, overlooking the ocean with a coffee and a book. The rooms were spotless and had all the necessities, including cutlery, robe and purified water.

The schedule provided for an arranged yoga and surfing package was well-organized, and left enough time to relax, go to the beach or take a walk through town. I never felt rushed, although I did get a good workout, so my muscles were a bit sore. The massage at the end of it really helped. The yoga instructors were terrific, as was the surfing instructor. (For yoga, be prepared for 90 minute classes. Go at your own pace.)

I usually never go back to the same place for holidays, but I am already looking forward to going back. It was fantastic!

Room Tip: Not all cabins overlook the ocean, such as the villas. These back onto private homes. If you're...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

My Fiancée and I stayed a week here and it was absolutely amazing. I too was a little skeptical about the reviews for Horizons prior to leaving (how can everyone rate this hotel 5 stars!??!). However from the time of booking, to the day we left, Yoav and his team at Horizon's made our stay just incredible, super easy, and completely relaxing. We stayed in a one bedroom Cabin which had an incredible view of the water. The Cabins are beautiful, meticulously clean and incredibly private. One of the things I think we appreciated most was pretty much complete privacy the whole week we where there. While there are other people saying on the property, and tons of staff, you'd hardly know it. The hotel is only too helpful in offering to organize everything for you and/or to point you to the best spots (surfing, snorkeling tours, etc.), and the food and drinks are amazing if you choose to eat in the lodge. One of the most amazing things is you're under no pressure to eat in the lodge, or to book or use any facilities in the main room (like yoga). Really, your entire stay is up to you and it couldn't be more relaxing.

Don't stay anywhere else in Santa Teresa. We can't wait to return.

Room Tip: We liked the one Bedroom Cabin with the view. I would highly doubt there was a bad room in the place...
Guernsey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

The rooms, facilities & attention to detail by the team cannot be faulted. The beach is a short walk away & the views are fantastic especially from the yoga deck. The beach is a short walk away, easily manageable with a longboard. We are sure to return. Viki & Mark

• Stayed March 2014
Bangor, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

For three nights, my party of four stayed in the 2 BR villa with a private pool (not to be confused with the 2 BR villa that shares a pool with another 2 BR villa). We've traveled quite a bit over the decades, and we all concluded that this easily was one of the best accommodations we've ever experienced -- possibly the best. The setting for this particular villa is beautiful, the unit itself is perfect (layout, charm, cleanliness, AC, wi-fi), the private pool is simply devine, and Gali (who was my primary contact) was a wonderful host. We didn't take any meals there, but what I saw (and smelled) in passing was quite tempting.

We've been to Santa Teresa before and stayed within an easy walk to the beach. The Horizon is not an easy walk to the beach (although it's certainly walkable), which is the only downside in my view. That said, we definitely will choose the Horizon when we return to Santa Teresa.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Horizon Ocean View Hotel and Yoga Center? Share your experiences!