We chose this hotel based on the amazing Trip Advisor reviews--I had never seen a property get ALL 4-5 stars, and was, therefore, admittedly skeptical that there might be a catch...turns out, that the reviews are 100% accurate! This place is amazing!
Pre-trip: I communicated with Yoav (owner with wife, Gali) via email to book a hotel reservation and to arrange transport from the Tambor airport to the hotel. He was fast in responding and easily booked everything. (We took a 45 min taxi ride to the hotel from the airport--the taxi driver was waiting for us--perfect)
Day of arrival: We arrived before our room was available, but enjoyed an awesome lunch on the deck with a great view to the Pacific.
Our room: We rented a 1-bedroom villa. The accommodation was great--2 floors with a small kitchen and half bath downstairs, full bath and sleeping (2 queen beds) upstairs, air conditioning, 2 decks with hammocks and an outdoor shower. We shared a pool with the adjoining villa. The 3 available villas (2 1-bedroom, 1 2-bedroom) are all farther down the hill than the cabins, so not quite as good a view to the Pacific. For us it didn't matter because we spent most of the day out, but if you are one to hang out at the hotel, then you might consider a room up the hill for the view. The room was extremely clean, the beds were comfortable, and the air conditioning good at night.
Food: Is available on site for breakfast and lunch. My husband is a carnivore, so I "forgot" to tell him when I booked the reservation that this place was vegetarian only...shouldn't have worried, since everything we ate there was fresh and delicious! We particularly loved the peanut butter smoothie Yoav whipped up for us every morning...YUM.
Staff: Kudos to Yoav and Gali--they could not have been more gracious hosts. They were able to accommodate anything we requested, which included a long list: reservations for a fishing trip, Ziplining and surfing (including arranging the taxis), recommendations and reservations for restaurants, daily yoga classes....they kept a tab for our entire stay, not requesting a dime until we checked out. We also really enjoyed the gal who served us in the restaurant most days (Meli?)--very pleasant and fun. Though we didnt have much interaction with rest of the staff, they do a great job of keeping the place well manicured and spotless.
Yoga: We are in mourning when we go to yoga here now...we miss the unbelievable view of the studio that looked out into the Pacific! We are beginners and felt completely comfortable in a class of varied levels. Oh...and I would be remiss if I didn't say that my husband also misses the hot instructors (not Yoav--the women!)--somehow it seems unfair to be that attractive and flexible--not sure which view he enjoyed more! : )
Overall: One of the best vacations we have enjoyed...would 100% recommend this place to anyone!
Santa Teresa/Mal Pais in general: extremely charming, friendly, reasonably priced, safe with stunning sunsets and beaches! we cannot wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Horizon ocean view hotel and yoga center. Our cabins and villas are fully equipped luxury units. Located on a hill side just above the center of town, only 5 minutes walk from the white sands of the amazing Santa Teresa beach, with its famous surfing points. We have three different pools dipping in wild tropical gardens, tea house & fresh vegetarian kitchen. The panoramic ocean view yoga deck is located at the highest point of the hotel. We parctice yoga daily as well as Pilates, and offer various types of massage treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity so you can book your Horizon Ocean View Hotel and Yoga Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horizon Ocean View Hotel And Yoga Santa Teresa
- Horizon Ocean View Santa Teresa
- Horizon Ocean View Hotel And Yoga Center Costa Rica/Santa Teresa