“Wonderful relaxing stay with great views” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Horizon Ocean View Hotel and Yoga Center

We can't find prices for this hotel
Horizon Ocean View Hotel and Yoga Center
You added Horizon Ocean View Hotel and Yoga Center to your Saves list
Santa Teresa, Santa Teresa, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Santa Teresa
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Wonderful relaxing stay with great views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

My husband and I spent five nights at Horizon hotel as part of our honeymoon and it was wonderful. The location is great, just five minute walk from the beach and pretty much in the middle of the small town. We stayed in the one bedroom cabin, which was just enough space for a couple, but started to feel a little bit cramped towards the end of the five days because there wasn't really anywhere to put our suitcases. The room was very clean and serene. The yoga area is DIVINE, my husband had never done yoga before, but enjoyed it, so don't be afraid even if you are a beginner (as am I).

Room Tip: We were in Room 2, which was right next to the road, so sometimes you could hear cars going by, but...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Hebrew first
Weymouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I was hoping for a peaceful vacation and it was everything I hoped for and more. The past two years have been difficult for many reasons. I needed to reconnect and this little piece of heaven was what I needed. Yoav and Gali were so inviting and hospitable. The food was amazing ,yoga classes with a spectacular view everyday !!!!!
Our rooms were clean and we could sit outside and look at beautiful views of the ocean. Every night we could watch amazing sunsets!!!!!
If you are looking for a beautiful,peaceful getaway this is the hotel to go to.
Thank you for vacation to remember . Ron and Florrie Gurnon

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I found Horizon on Trip Advisor and noticed that there was not one review less than excellent or very good. The reviews were 100% accurate. If I could give them a higher rating than excellent on TA, I would!
I traveled solo and this was an absolutely amazing experience. Yoav and Gali have thought of everything to make this place feel like heaven on earth. I started my days with morning yoga over looking the beautiful pacific ocean. I'd follow yoga with the most delicious and satisfying breakfast in the tearoom. Every day, I said "this can't get any better" but it always exceeded the following day. The love, care, and thought that they put into every guest and detail in the hotel makes the experience.

The rooms are very simply appointed and clean. The balcony has a hammock and bamboo wind chimes for privacy. The room has AC which worked without problem my entire visit. Every day, my room was cleaned. I returned to find fresh coffee for the coffee maker, clean towels always arranged in a different design on my bed, and cleaned floors/bathroom.

The tea room has a collection of books to borrow and movies for a relaxed evening. I spent days reading in the hanging bed by the infinity pool and enjoyed taking showers in the outdoor rain shower outside of my room.

Yoav answered all of my many questions while planning in a friendly and professional way. The taxi that they arranged was waiting for me promptly at the Tambor regional airport. Yoav and Gali along with all of their staff take care of all of your needs in a generous and giving way. You feel at home here.

I left two weeks ago and have been thinking of this experience since. I will go back and stay with Yoav, Gali, and Male again. I can't say enough about this place. It's heaven on earth. It's not just a hotel- this is an experience.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

We are sitting in the San Jose airport preparing ourselves for the frigid weather that awaits our return to Boston and wishing we were still at the Horizon Hotel. We have traveled throughout Costa Rica and the Horizon is unsurpassed in providing an amazing experience. Yoav and Gali are beautiful hosts that leave no detail unattended. This was our 3rd stay at the Horizon and once again we were treated to a perfect vacation. The service, attention to detail, food, yoga and the accomodations were excellent. Add perfect weather,one of the most beautiful beaches in Costa Rica and a dozen top notch restaurants and you have paradise

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Sometimes your vacation is so amazing it is hard to explain why. This time I can tell you why- because of horizon hotel and the beautiful people working there. Stepping into horizon is like stepping into paradise. It is so beautiful, relaxed and welcoming that you never want to leave. We stayed in the villa which had a private pool, a kitchen and a bedroom equated with DVD and most important a hammock. Although the room was more than amazing (and very good value for money) we enjoyed staying in the tea house which had a beautiful ocean view and the most delicious food ever and of course fruit shakes. But that’s not all, horizon has a yoga center where you can practice yoga or Pilates in the fresh air while looking at the ocean, listening to relaxes music. The class are very professional and fun. But the best thing in horizon is the people. There are not enough good words to describe Gali and Yoav the owners of the place. They care. They want you to have the best stay and they are there to help you. Everything you need they have, you just need to ask. I love Horizon and I am sure I’ll be back hopefully soon. So if you want to give yourself a present, step into paradise, step into horizon.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

After our 4th consecutive stay and 20 days at Horizon,
I can only say that the friendliness of owners Yoav & Gal, the service level,
yogalessions, bungalows, tea house, garden, location, organic dishes and ambiance
is still 100% Perfecto!
Its a hard act to follow for other hotels in the area
and a wonderful retreat for both singles, couples or families.

Just read the previous reviews - this is truly an amazing place.

For me personally, Yoav and Gali set me back on track
after my havoc in business 2012,
as the woman in need to be repaired.
Im fine now, but it was their care, love and hotel that helped me.
As many guests have already put in their reviews,
Yoavs and Galis high attention to detail helps to make a
stay here very pleasant, espeically if it is for an extended
period of time like in our case.

A row of small and big pearls are constantly served up…
”Our own honey in this tea…herbs from our garden in the
Shashouka and salads,,,mmm…
we serve you on your veranda if you like..."your yoga mats are rolled out"
… ahh you need a massage now – the masseaur is here in 20 minutes!!!”

The secret that Yoav and Gali have is a fantastic network of contacts
in the bay and surrounding area.
Surflessions, horseback riding on the beach, canopying, birdwatching guides,
ATV rentals – they get it all arranged in a heartbeat at no extra costs.
They are always thinking one step ahead, understanding that you have
a very limited time and spend lots of time and money just to get here.

We drank the purified water at Horizon during the whole stay and it works fine.
I have have been to India, Mexico and Thailand and been really sick,
so it is important to stay healthy in order to be able to enjoy all the goodies
on that hard earned holiday - and that is exaclty the feeling you get at Horizon.

My Hubbie, who came with me to Costa Rica for the first time
threee weeks ago, will be leaving here with a newly found passion
for Yoga and body & mind in better balance than ever before.
My staff at Unicorn Telecom will once again get their captain back with a smile
and tons of new energy to make more money & having fun together.

For this we owe thanks to Horizon, Yoav and Gali
and not to forget their wonderful service minded and friendly staff
that make things run as smoothly as they do,
I have already booked me and my family for our 5th stay

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

This was our third visit at the Horizon (in three years :). Everything was perfect once again. The owners, the set up of the hotel, the food, the yoga and the attention to detail makes this place so special. Usually we prefer visiting new places but we make a exception with the Horizon because it is hard to find better... We will be back soon.

Thank you Yoav and Gali for everything!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Horizon Ocean View Hotel and Yoga Center? Share your experiences!