“Best place!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Santa Teresa
Hyderabad, India
“Best place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

The owners were amazingly helpful when I traveled there alone with my toddler. I was really able to relax and enjoy the yoga classes with their help. The food is amazing...better than the restaurants nearby. The rooms are awesome, and have a great view. I would love to go back again. If only I could live there! What a positive place this is.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

So I went to horizon again ... taking a 15 hour trip round the world to a place you already have been to should say it all anyway ... but I just had to show this place to my girlfriend...

Well ... she loved it too.

How was it this time? Even better than last time actually ... quality was high as usual, Yoav and Gali take care of their customers with lot's of love ... basically I found my cabin like I left it in 2011:
Clean, cosy, beautiful with a sensational view.

So it was two weeks of great organic food, yoga and surfing.

Single problem was that I discovered their awesome pool only the day I left because I never got out of my cabin/off my porch when I wasn't surfing.

Well, seems like I have one more reason to go there again;)

Nothings changed. Slow life. Just perfect.

Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Horizon is THE best place to stay in Costa Rica! Everything was so perfect, it felt like a dream! Every single detail about the cabin was perfect. You could really see that they thought of everything. You can feel how much love they showered on every single inch of the place. I love the fact that they have a hammock on the balcony. I literally took naps on that hammock every afternoon while listening to the ocean's crashing waves, the howling of the howler monkeys and the chirping of the exotic birds. I loved the hammock so much, I bought it! The food at the tea house was too delicious, I realized how deprived my taste buds are. I tasted flavors that I did not know existed. I took advantage of their yoga class and I gotta say it was THE best yoga class EVER. Imagine doing yoga while facing the ocean, hearing the splashing waves and breathing in the ocean breeze. Definitely beats staring at the boring walls at the gym. We loved Costa Rica so much, we are planning our next trip back. We were thinking of going to a different part of Costa Rica but we were like "Nooooo.. let's just go back to Santa Teresa so that we can stay at Horizon again!" Staying at Horizion is a cosmic experience that words can never fully explain. We love everybody that works here especially the night time security guard who always had a smile on his face everytime we come back from a lovely night out. If you want to stay in a Costa Rican paradise, stay at Horizon. If I could give them 10 stars out of 5, I WOULD. Go ahead and book that room. You'll thank me later.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

It can’t be said enough that this trip immensely exceeded our expectations. I read this, and believed it, but until you experience it you will never truly understand. Every detail, every moment is so well prepared, planned, and perfect that you would be exceptionally hard pressed to repeat this flawlessness.
The truth lies simply in the owner’s (Yoav & Gali) commitment to the guests and their experiences. We never wanted or needed for anything. Every detail exudes immense care and respect for the spectacular landscape that surrounds the resort as well as the people in their care.
We did the Yoga & Surf package. It was exactly what we had hoped for and more. We awoke every morning for a brisk run on the beach, followed by absorbing the lavish landscape of Santa Teresa and listening to the waves roll into shore. Yoga was the next order of business for the day. The practice and instruction at Horizon is deeply embedded in a commitment to care, nourish, and honor the body. The last half of our day was spent with Ben from Nalu Surf Shop. He is an exceptional surf instructor and helped us to hone the skills necessary to come home and surf our location.
We too must admit the food is exceptionally delightful. The teahouse provides the cleanest, freshest offerings we could image. Additionally, the surf and yoga package included reservations/arrangements to eat at a variety of restaurants in town each night. They were all wonderful experiences for our palettes.
We will close, by stating that the accommodations are perfect. We have grown accustomed to a certain level of comfort and Horizon more than delivers. The details in the building and architecture, as well as the decor were exceptionally well thought out and add to the lushness of the experience.
We are hesitant to sell this place too much… the reason is selfish; we want to keep it all to ourselves. However, if it weren’t for those who shared before us we would have never experienced the trip of a lifetime!
The Harpers

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

First of many many stays we will do at Horizon. Yoav and Gali both are fantastic hosts along with cooks, teachers, friends, helpers and so present with every word. The food is unmatched. The smoothies are unmatched and I learned more than just stuff can go into a smoothie...love does too. As I see this place in my mind I will be back next year and I hope for longer than the 10 fantastic days we all had together. If it's Yoga you want its all over Santa Teresa. But...only the best two are in Horizon so why go anywhere else!!!
Check the surf from the tea house. No where else to go!!!
Thank you Yoav and Gali. Thank you for your help with everything that was asked for!!! Love to you both and your fantastic staff.

Room Tip: The only room I wouldn't stay in is elsewhere!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We chose to stay at Horizon for a whole 2 weeks based on the excellent reviews on TripAdvisor. Even though the reviews were rave, our expectations still managed to get exceeded by far. The stay at Horizon is more than just having comfortable and beautiful accommodation- the owners take genuine interest in your well-being, be it healthy lifestyle, yoga or surfing tips or even life lessons. By the end of the 2 weeks we felt like long time friends. We have never eaten as fresh, healthy and tasty food on any vacation or even at home. We ate breakfast and lunch here every day and if they offered dinner I am sure we would have looked nowhere else. However they are right next to the Brisas del Mar restaurant which has excellent food as well (for dinner). The yoga is a unique experience with a fantastic view of the ocean and we made much progress from the excellent tuition. Yoav taught us to do inversions including the headstand in a private session which was a highlight of our trip. He has a special way of teaching which warms you up properly and gradually prepares you and gives you confidence to flow into the more difficult poses. The other 2 teachers were fantastic as well.

We were definitely heart sore to leave and can not wait to go back. We've never had this much value for money and needless to say we very highly recommend this hotel.

Thank you so much Yoav and Gali!

Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Yoav and Gali were great and made some wonderful smoothies. The entire place is wonderful and waking to yoga and cooling off in the amazing pool was great. It was recommended by a couple we bumped into at the Montezuma waterfalls and they were right in all regards - great rooms, service, view and staff.

Room Tip: All are great but the room just below the pool is extra special
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Horizon Ocean View Hotel and Yoga Center? Share your experiences!