“Beyond” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Santa Teresa
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
“Beyond”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

First of many many stays we will do at Horizon. Yoav and Gali both are fantastic hosts along with cooks, teachers, friends, helpers and so present with every word. The food is unmatched. The smoothies are unmatched and I learned more than just stuff can go into a smoothie...love does too. As I see this place in my mind I will be back next year and I hope for longer than the 10 fantastic days we all had together. If it's Yoga you want its all over Santa Teresa. But...only the best two are in Horizon so why go anywhere else!!!
Check the surf from the tea house. No where else to go!!!
Thank you Yoav and Gali. Thank you for your help with everything that was asked for!!! Love to you both and your fantastic staff.

Room Tip: The only room I wouldn't stay in is elsewhere!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Hebrew first
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We chose to stay at Horizon for a whole 2 weeks based on the excellent reviews on TripAdvisor. Even though the reviews were rave, our expectations still managed to get exceeded by far. The stay at Horizon is more than just having comfortable and beautiful accommodation- the owners take genuine interest in your well-being, be it healthy lifestyle, yoga or surfing tips or even life lessons. By the end of the 2 weeks we felt like long time friends. We have never eaten as fresh, healthy and tasty food on any vacation or even at home. We ate breakfast and lunch here every day and if they offered dinner I am sure we would have looked nowhere else. However they are right next to the Brisas del Mar restaurant which has excellent food as well (for dinner). The yoga is a unique experience with a fantastic view of the ocean and we made much progress from the excellent tuition. Yoav taught us to do inversions including the headstand in a private session which was a highlight of our trip. He has a special way of teaching which warms you up properly and gradually prepares you and gives you confidence to flow into the more difficult poses. The other 2 teachers were fantastic as well.

We were definitely heart sore to leave and can not wait to go back. We've never had this much value for money and needless to say we very highly recommend this hotel.

Thank you so much Yoav and Gali!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Yoav and Gali were great and made some wonderful smoothies. The entire place is wonderful and waking to yoga and cooling off in the amazing pool was great. It was recommended by a couple we bumped into at the Montezuma waterfalls and they were right in all regards - great rooms, service, view and staff.

Room Tip: All are great but the room just below the pool is extra special
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We spent a week at Horizon with a group from Colorado. It was my second visit and I am already planning my next trip. Gali and Yoav, the owners of Horizon, are amazing hosts and cooks. The food is beyond wonderful. I wish I could take Gali and Yoav home with me! It was hard to leave the serenity of the hotel but we managed to surf, paddleboard, zip line and horseback ride. It's worth leaving the hotel....take a surf lesson with Ben from Nalu and go paddle boarding with Andy from Freedom Riding. If you get a chance, take a yoga class with Yoav. You won't regret it. The cabins are all beautiful, clean and spacious. Love the air conditioning and having a small kitchen (although I didn't use the kitchen as much as I expected!) was perfect. If you want to look at the Pacific from your deck, I highly recommend the 1 bedroom cabins. Walk up the hill to Brisas del Mar for sunset and dinner. Amazing food and view over the ocean. The portions are huge!

Can't wait to return next year!

Room Tip: If you want to look at the Pacific from your deck, I highly recommend the 1 bedroom cabins.
Robertsdale, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Our stay at the Horizon left me speechless. The owners and staff were over the top in every aspect of our stay. We stayed in the 2 BR Villa and I was pleasantly surprised at the privacy it offered. We felt we owned that piece of paradise for 3 days. We had breakfast at the Tea House the first morning and I have never experienced such outstanding food and such a beautiful setting. Although we did not participate in any of the yoga classes, we will do that next time we stay, my girlfriend did get a massage. She was very pleased, she said it was the best she had ever experienced. I have never experienced a place that offered so much for the money, an outstanding value. The Horizon gets my highest recommendation!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Manhattan Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Once again, my vacation staying at Horizon was fantastic. Yoav and Gali (the owners) have created the most beautiful, serene place to relax, sleep and enjoy the beauty of the area. The service is impeccable. The villas are clean, upscale and provide the privacy and comfort that you'd expect from any 5-star hotel. The little 'touches' done on a daily basis show that this hotel cares about your experience. The Tea House fare is incredible and I always feel so healthy and happy after my muesli, orange juice and espresso. I will be back in August and then again in November and for many years to come. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
San Jose, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

You might be able to find a nicer yoga spot in Santa Teresa, but from the deck, high up the hill, overlooking the ocean, and feeling the mountain breezes, it would be hard to be convinced. Horizon offers different choices of drop-in yoga classes. I attended both a Hatha and Vinyasa class on two consecutive mornings. Both instructors were good at giving alternatives to poses that would challenge different levels of yoga participants. My daughter could stretch her abilities, while I could feel appropriately challenged. Horizon also offers other services, including massage. From my limited experience, I can't imagine not being happy with anything offered here by these wonderful people. Namaste.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Horizon Ocean View Hotel and Yoga Center? Share your experiences!