“Great spot overlooking the area” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Horizon Ocean View Hotel and Yoga Center

We can't find prices for this hotel
Horizon Ocean View Hotel and Yoga Center
You added Horizon Ocean View Hotel and Yoga Center to your Saves list
Santa Teresa, Santa Teresa, Costa Rica   |
Special Rate
May Special Rate!
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Santa Teresa
Seattle
“Great spot overlooking the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Yoav and Gali were great and made some wonderful smoothies. The entire place is wonderful and waking to yoga and cooling off in the amazing pool was great. It was recommended by a couple we bumped into at the Montezuma waterfalls and they were right in all regards - great rooms, service, view and staff.

Room Tip: All are great but the room just below the pool is extra special
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Hebrew first
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We spent a week at Horizon with a group from Colorado. It was my second visit and I am already planning my next trip. Gali and Yoav, the owners of Horizon, are amazing hosts and cooks. The food is beyond wonderful. I wish I could take Gali and Yoav home with me! It was hard to leave the serenity of the hotel but we managed to surf, paddleboard, zip line and horseback ride. It's worth leaving the hotel....take a surf lesson with Ben from Nalu and go paddle boarding with Andy from Freedom Riding. If you get a chance, take a yoga class with Yoav. You won't regret it. The cabins are all beautiful, clean and spacious. Love the air conditioning and having a small kitchen (although I didn't use the kitchen as much as I expected!) was perfect. If you want to look at the Pacific from your deck, I highly recommend the 1 bedroom cabins. Walk up the hill to Brisas del Mar for sunset and dinner. Amazing food and view over the ocean. The portions are huge!

Can't wait to return next year!

Room Tip: If you want to look at the Pacific from your deck, I highly recommend the 1 bedroom cabins.
Robertsdale, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Our stay at the Horizon left me speechless. The owners and staff were over the top in every aspect of our stay. We stayed in the 2 BR Villa and I was pleasantly surprised at the privacy it offered. We felt we owned that piece of paradise for 3 days. We had breakfast at the Tea House the first morning and I have never experienced such outstanding food and such a beautiful setting. Although we did not participate in any of the yoga classes, we will do that next time we stay, my girlfriend did get a massage. She was very pleased, she said it was the best she had ever experienced. I have never experienced a place that offered so much for the money, an outstanding value. The Horizon gets my highest recommendation!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Manhattan Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Once again, my vacation staying at Horizon was fantastic. Yoav and Gali (the owners) have created the most beautiful, serene place to relax, sleep and enjoy the beauty of the area. The service is impeccable. The villas are clean, upscale and provide the privacy and comfort that you'd expect from any 5-star hotel. The little 'touches' done on a daily basis show that this hotel cares about your experience. The Tea House fare is incredible and I always feel so healthy and happy after my muesli, orange juice and espresso. I will be back in August and then again in November and for many years to come. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
San Jose, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

You might be able to find a nicer yoga spot in Santa Teresa, but from the deck, high up the hill, overlooking the ocean, and feeling the mountain breezes, it would be hard to be convinced. Horizon offers different choices of drop-in yoga classes. I attended both a Hatha and Vinyasa class on two consecutive mornings. Both instructors were good at giving alternatives to poses that would challenge different levels of yoga participants. My daughter could stretch her abilities, while I could feel appropriately challenged. Horizon also offers other services, including massage. From my limited experience, I can't imagine not being happy with anything offered here by these wonderful people. Namaste.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Horizon Ocean is a hidden gem. From the warm welcome your receive from Gali, Yovaz and the staff, to the beautiful ocean view from your cabana. There's also the amazing fresh food served in the tea house, the power shakes are AMAZING!!

Beautiful sunsets from the terrace during your yoga practice, make this place very magical.

If you like a mix of adventure, yoga, great food, surf and lying in your hammock listening to the waves of the ocean, then this is the place for you.

Everything is exceptional clean and the bed is comfy too!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I am just on my way home from an incredible 6 days at Horizon. My sister and I chose the yoga and surf package and stayed in one of the villas. Absolutely everything, from the morning fruit / protein shakes and yoga classes, to the surf lessons (incredible!), to the other add-ons (massages, horseback riding) were incredibly executed.

Gali and Yoav were extremely accommodating, flexible and hospitable. When we wanted to shift the timing of our surf lessons or our delicious brunches, there was absolutely no problem doing so. You can tell that they put love into what they are doing and truly believe in the holistic lifestyle that Horizon promotes.

One of the great differentiators at Horizon is that it not only has a fantastic kitchen that serves a refreshing morning shake and brunch, but it also provides guests with dinner vouchers for restaurants in town - so, we were given the opportunity to discover some delicious local cuisine!

Yoga classes were fantastic - other reviewers mention the view, but it was also the quality of the teachers (one of whom is Yoav) that made them stand out.

We stayed in one of the villas, which was a clean and beautiful 2-storey wooden structure with its own swimming pool, two balconies, two washrooms, a kitchen, two AC units (very needed this time of year!).

Overall - great experience. I would come back here in a heartbeat and recommend to any of my friends. I hope you have an equally incredible time!

Room Tip: Villas are lower and do not have an ocean view (but do have a private pool!). Simpler cabin rooms ar...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Horizon Ocean View Hotel and Yoga Center? Share your experiences!