Every morning, you wake to the sounds of the ocean. That sound will be with you the entire time you're at Horizon, which is one of the many benefits of not being at sea level! (Another is not dealing with the dust, which is ubiquitous down in the town during dry season.) Perched up on the hillside, you look out into the clear sky, over green trees and blue water. It's the perfect place to rest, relax, reset.
The rooms are clean and minimal - it's kind of like staying in a grown-up tree house, actually. There's running water, a kitchen with a fridge, air conditioning (grown-up) but there's also a hammock, the sounds of nature all around you (and sometimes in your room, don't worry, it's harmless), and a rustic aspect (tree house), which makes it truly unique. The owners are lovely people and a big part of what will make your stay so wonderful. They provide helpful notes in the rooms, but they are also available throughout the day, whether to teach one of the top notch yoga classes in the most amazing place I've ever practiced yoga (in an open pavilion overlooking the ocean, wow), whip up a delicious smoothie, or to answer any questions about the many things to do in the lively surf town of Santa Teresa.
This review is actually depressing me, because I'm sitting behind a computer in San Francisco and not laying in a hammock at Horizon ... Hmmm. Go. Leave now. You'll have to fly into San Jose, take a commuter plane to Tambor, and then take a cab to Santa Teresa, but it is worth it. You will get there and you will instantly understand - it is worth it. Take me with you!
- You have to pay the balance of your bill in cash or you can pay by credit card but there is a 10% fee.
- For the beauty of the view and the peace of being above it all, there is a slight trek to the beach (down a hill, to the right on a dusty road, across a little bridge, to a path leading to the sand - about 7 minutes).
- Other reviews reference a pool you can swim in, but I only saw the dipping pool beneath the Tea Pavilion. If you're interested in the grounds, be sure to ask!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Horizon ocean view hotel and yoga center. Our cabins and villas are fully equipped luxury units. Located on a hill side just above the center of town, only 5 minutes walk from the white sands of the amazing Santa Teresa beach, with its famous surfing points. We have three different pools dipping in wild tropical gardens, tea house & fresh vegetarian kitchen. The panoramic ocean view yoga deck is located at the highest point of the hotel. We parctice yoga daily as well as Pilates, and offer various types of massage treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity so you can book your Horizon Ocean View Hotel and Yoga Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horizon Ocean View Hotel And Yoga Santa Teresa
- Horizon Ocean View Santa Teresa
- Horizon Ocean View Hotel And Yoga Center Costa Rica/Santa Teresa