“Changed my Life!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Santa Teresa
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Changed my Life!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

It was by far the most beautiful, peaceful, and welcoming place i have ever been. The villa was amazing, it had a clean rustic feel that allowed you to feel a part of the land even when indoors. Its a minute walk from great bars and restaurants that serve the best food that we have eaten. (Go to Pasta Basta, friendly and great atmosphere) Its 5 minutes of an amazing walk to the most beautiful beaches you could imagine. The yoga classes were exactly what you would think they would be like in heaven. The panoramic view of the ocean while the sun setting will forever be burned into my heart. The surf is incredible. But lefts not forget the best part, Yoav and Gali. They are the kindest, most accommodating people Ive met. They helped make our vacation a trip to paradise. We did not have to worry about a thing, they set us up, and took care of us like we were family. We will be going back every year until we can move there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Hebrew first
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

This place far exceeded our expectations. The hosts/owners are amazing!! They will take care of anything you need. They make you feel at home. The yoga from what my wife tells me was incredible - the 5 pm sunset yoga is something to be seen. Its a very zen environment. The rooms are very nice and have great views of the water and sunset.
Don't think twice about this place.... the walk to the beach is about 2 minutes and its very close to all the best restaurants in Santa Teresa. The breakfast options are amazing as well... great food!

Thanks again to Yoav and his amazing wife for making our stay perfect!! And for the special gift on our last night!

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

My wife recommended staying somewhere that "had yoga offerings" on our recent trip to Costa Rica. Not only was the Nicoya Peninsula fabulous but the Horizon was one of my favorite places to stay at in our travels, ever. I had never taken a yoga class before (my wife has been an enthusiast for years) and the owners were polite and unyielding in asking you to give it your all (within your comfort zone)! They seem to live what they preach, and the Horizon had the truest peaceful vibe that I've ever encountered. The power shakes in the morning + a yoga class sets the tone for the day, regardless of what you do. Well worth the extra $$$ in my opinion (...and I enjoy traveling on a budget, my wife does not concern herself with this). I don't often say this about places (knowing there are so many to visit before we die) but we will be back. Thank you Yoav for a great few days!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed in Esterillos Centro for 5 days before taking the Puntarenas ferry over to Santa Teresa. Even though we enjoyed spending time at the beach at Esterillos which is amazing we also visited Joca and Manuel Antonio National Park,and Quepos.. It wasn't until we pulled into Santa teresa that we really started to enjoy our trip. The Horizon is so rustic and majestically. We spent so much time at the beach and town that we didn't have time to take advantage of all the resort had to offer. We plan on going back and stating only in this area. While we were in Santa Teresa we went to Montezuma and spent time shopping in the beach town and Zip lined and had a blast.
Next time we go we decided we will not rent a car but rent ATV's and be like the locals:)
We can't wait to go back

Room Tip: We choose the 2 bedroom villa with private pool. Great option for family.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

The owners are kind, go that extra mile for you, are organized and run the hotel like their child. Tranquil and beautiful garden, The panorama view over Santa Therese is to kill for. Food is awsome and yogalovers can enjoy real yoga gurus. I didnt want to leave the place.... Been there two New Years and is going this December for a third time visit...wahooooa!!!

• Stayed January 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

The guys That work for me basically forced me on a vacation. They found this place randomly online with my only qualifications being surfing and yoga. I really had no expectations and Horizons blew me away. Daily yoga instruction was great, everything in the cafe is excellent, and the grounds of the hotel are very picturesque. It sits just far enough off of the main road to avoid all the noise. Yoav and Gali set me up with Amit from Del Sol surf school and he was great. Definitely the highlight of my trip. I did the surf and yoga package so all of my dinners were planned every night as well. Ate at a different restaurant every night and they were all excellent. Thanks guys,I will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Haifa, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We arrived to Horizon Hotel through a recomendation from a friend. We stayed here last August for our honeymoon. We couldnt ask for a better place! My husband is crazy for surf and I for the yoga.
The room is comfortable and very clean. It has great ocean view. Very romantic!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great food at their restaurant and also very close to town.
Thank you Horizon for a great honeymoon! See you soon!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple