While it is a trek to get to Latitude 10, it is definitely worth it! This is one beautiful, romantic resort that has the kindest staff ever. Latitude 10 has only 5 bungalows and therefore when full may have up to 15 guests. As a result the staff provide very personalized service. The resort is located on a beautiful beach, which you can see from their pool and from the clubhouse where meals are served.
Their beach has hammocks and some chairs and is a great place to watch the sunset. The rocks and current there make it not a spot to swim. But you can easily walk to other beaches where you can swim. Frankly I enjoyed the pool as much as I did the ocean---though it is beautiful to see the Pacific Ocean in all its powerful majesty.
Breakfast is included in the daily rate and there are wonderful choices and excellent coffee. The other meals are available for a charge as are drinks, alcoholic and not. Dinner is very romantic, by candlelight. All the food is very fresh and is cooked in front of you if you sit at the bar. The chef will give you tastes of special items as a sort of free appetizer. Also one night the chef made a meal to order as per my husband's request. However, the lunch and dinner choices are the same each day. My husband, however, ate the chicken quesadillas 3 days in a row---he liked them that much.
The bungalows are nestled in the jungle or overlooking the ocean. Our bungalow had a very comfortable queen sized bed surrounded by a filmy mosquito net and backed by a lovely iron screen. Our bathroom was open air and had a double shower. The water is solar heated and it was lukewarm---which was fine since it was often quite warm out. The bungalows have no windows and there is a ceiling fan. We were given a floor fan---magically since we didn't mention we needed it!
At night the mosquito net is drawn down, the shades closed and candles and incense are lit in your bungalow---very romantic!
The property is pretty much untouched jungle. Howler monkeys started howling one night at 4AM and there are raccoons who may disturb your bungalow if you bring food in to it. We also saw iguanas, squirrels and a tiger heron that hangs out by the pool.
The staff were all amazing---friendly and sweet. They will do whatever they can to make your stay wonderful!
You can pay to have laundry done--- my husband's was returned the same day in a lovely basket.
To get to Santa Teresa town you can ride a bike ( no charge) or go by taxi or you can rent an ATV or car ( in town). The road is unpaved part of the way and very dusty due to a lack of rain. We should have rented a car which would have alt he area.lowed us to explore more of the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Latitude 10 Resort was built as a private resort and is now available to the public. The resort consists of five spacious free standing, individually decorated and private casitas. Each casita has its own tropical decor, situated on over seven acres of private beachfront property located near the bustling beach town of Santa Teresa on the Southern tip of the Nicoya Peninsula in Costa Rica. Staying at Latitude 10 is like staying with good friends at their luxury beach house. You will experience personalized service and attention to detail in a relaxed, yet classy atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Venere, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Latitude 10 Beachfront Resort, Santa Teresa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Latitude 10 Beachfront Resort, Santa Teresa Hotel Santa Teresa
- Latitude 10 Beachfront Resort, Santa Teresa Costa Rica