We liked Santa Teresa & we loved Latitude 10... The resort was by far the most beautiful, well appointed place that we stayed in Costa Rica. It incorporated Balinese themes in the furnishings. The room (freestanding eco cabins) was spacious and luxurious, yet rustic/open air--which I love, so that you can fully enjoy the sounds of the jungle and the beach. The outdoor bathroom/shower was huge and wonderful too. The setting on the beach is beautiful & the pool was warm & great for swimming. The resort only accommodates a small number of people, which I really like as I dislike the big hotel experience. The service was great--everyone was very helpful and attentive without being fawning & fake, which is the case at most high end places. There were some unforgettable touches such as the lighting of candles during turn down service. Also, little things like sunscreen set out by the pool. The overall vibe was intimate, relaxing, laid back yet very attentive. Hector was helping us while we were there mostly and he was wonderful. The beach at Santa Teresa is gorgeous; however, parts of it are not that swimmable between rocks & the currents. My husband was very keen on staying adjacent to an easily swimmable beach. I was told Montezuma was more swimmable but it was a huge mistake to have gone there. the hotel was horrible compared to latitude 10 & the beach was way worse--dirty & also not swimmable. We regretted leaving & missed latitude 10 a lot! Also, i'm happy i chose latitude 10 over florablanca, which i believe is more expensive/bigger. (they're next to each other i understand.) One note is that Santa Teresa is quite large & latitude is on the far edge which means taking taxis/driving to get to most other places. Some people rent the ATVs to get around on the rough roads. Also, we came in July & did not have issues with the rain only very light showers-that was one of my bigger concerns which wound up being a non-issue.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Latitude 10 Resort was built as a private resort and is now available to the public. The resort consists of five spacious free standing, individually decorated and private casitas. Each casita has its own tropical decor, situated on over seven acres of private beachfront property located near the bustling beach town of Santa Teresa on the Southern tip of the Nicoya Peninsula in Costa Rica. Staying at Latitude 10 is like staying with good friends at their luxury beach house. You will experience personalized service and attention to detail in a relaxed, yet classy atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Venere, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Latitude 10 Beachfront Resort, Santa Teresa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Latitude 10 Beachfront Resort, Santa Teresa Hotel Santa Teresa
- Latitude 10 Beachfront Resort, Santa Teresa Costa Rica