I've been meaning to write this review since returning from this trip in May. My husband and I thought this resort was amazing. I honestly do not have one negative thing to say about it.
This is the type of place we had been yearning for. We wanted an open air room, privacy, outdoor shower, and peace. A week to completely disconnect from television, cell phones, internet, and work. From the moment that we arrived, we were greeted with smiles and hospitality. The rooms were exactly what we were hoping for. The decor was very Zen-like and the beds were very comfortable. Waking up and getting a shower outside while the monkeys were howling, and listening to the sounds of the birds and ocean waves was serene. The pool was perfect, and the hammocks on our porch and beach were so relaxing. Every night, the staff had a turn down service for the room. After dinner, we would come back to all the blinds closed, the bed made, mosquito net down, and tea candles lit on our pathway and all throughout our room.
The service is what really made our stay special. Everyone was so friendly and made sure that our stay was perfect. We ate breakfast and dinner every day at the restaurant and loved it. Pretty much every day I ordered the eggs with rice and beans, fried plantains, tomato, and avocado. Ask for the hot sauce, it's great. Dinner was different every night. We had to order our selection by noon, and the chefs would go out and pick up the food fresh for the evening. He would cook it in the open air kitchen while we watched and sipped on our margaritas. Every meal was fantastic. We loved to play chess in the candlelight while we waited. We also loved to chat with the staff, because they were all nice, friendly, good people.
The town of Santa Teresa is a laid back surfer town. We rented a cab from the Tambor airport, and the drive was about an hour. We enjoyed walking around the town, zip lining, hiking, and the beautiful beaches. We also had a relaxing couple's massage. We rented an ATV for two days, and road tripped all around the Nicoya Peninsula to Montezuma, Cobano, and Mal Pais. We think it's the best way to explore the area. Plus, it's a lot of fun!
I also think we had a great time because we didn't expect to stay at the Hilton, with air conditioning and no bugs. There are crabs, lizards, iguanas, monkeys, and birds. Ladies, leave your blow dryer and makeup at home! Bring bug spray. Latitude 10 was a perfect place to be a part of nature, and live simply and peacefully. They also place a strong emphasis on water conservation and the environment. The people here have great attitudes and by the end of the week you will live by their motto, "Pura Vida" which means "pure life", "full of life", or "this is living!"
Writing this review makes me miss those 8 days at Latitude 10. We miss the staff, and will be back one day. If you stay here, I hope that you find the magic like we did.
Kate & Sean (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Latitude 10 Resort was built as a private resort and is now available to the public. The resort consists of five spacious free standing, individually decorated and private casitas. Each casita has its own tropical decor, situated on over seven acres of private beachfront property located near the bustling beach town of Santa Teresa on the Southern tip of the Nicoya Peninsula in Costa Rica. Staying at Latitude 10 is like staying with good friends at their luxury beach house. You will experience personalized service and attention to detail in a relaxed, yet classy atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Travelocity, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Latitude 10 Beachfront Resort, Santa Teresa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Latitude 10 Beachfront Resort, Santa Teresa Hotel Santa Teresa
- Latitude 10 Beachfront Resort, Santa Teresa Costa Rica