I do realise that just because something doesn't suit us it is therefore bad. There were some good things about Latitude 10 and I'm sure some people love it. Here's why we didnt:
-the website is misleading, I was expecting yoga, the guy seemed confused when i asked about it and then it was going to cost an additional $60....huh?
-the cabanas are like glorified camping, beautiful yes but the mossy nets dont protect you and there are no windows so the noise of ythe rain and ocean, while beautiful, disturbs sleep. We didnt want to go camping.
- it is not exclusive at all, not luxurious
-the outside shower is a novelty but that wears off. Cold water and then walking though the backyard. Not luxury. Camping.
- we were ill for 2 days having picked up a tummy bug and i didnt make it down to dinner one night but they still charged us for it! No sensitivity or engagement. The chefs were nice but we found the whole attitude of the place arrogant and lazy. Maybe it was low season but just gave off a bad vibe.
The road to get to Latitude 10 from the boat is also terrible. Soooo bumpy and pot holey. No exclusive resort can have a transfer like that.
For the price, this place is not good value. Would not recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Latitude 10 Resort was built as a private resort and is now available to the public. The resort consists of five spacious free standing, individually decorated and private casitas. Each casita has its own tropical decor, situated on over seven acres of private beachfront property located near the bustling beach town of Santa Teresa on the Southern tip of the Nicoya Peninsula in Costa Rica. Staying at Latitude 10 is like staying with good friends at their luxury beach house. You will experience personalized service and attention to detail in a relaxed, yet classy atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Venere, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Latitude 10 Beachfront Resort, Santa Teresa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Latitude 10 Beachfront Resort, Santa Teresa Hotel Santa Teresa
- Latitude 10 Beachfront Resort, Santa Teresa Costa Rica