Latitude 10 was exactly what we expected after pouring over reviews on tripadvisor. We spent 3 days/2 nights of our 12 night honeymoon at the resort and it was a great experience. The staff was friendly and accomodating from the moment we arrived until we left. The pool area was relaxing, the shaded beachside area was peaceful, and the quiet nature of the resort was exactly what we had hoped for.
-We interacted with Juan the most when it came to staff. He was friendly and accomodating without being over the top or in your face. He was a great host.
-We had dinner the first night of our stay. All 3 courses (steak kabobs/tilapia as the main entrees) were very very good.
-It was neat to see the various wildlife (monkeys, crabs, lizards, birds) around the grounds (especially poolside!)
-I had the breakfast burrito both mornings and it was outstanding!
-We visited during the dry season. A lot of the vegetation was brown/dead and the foliage was pretty thin. This provided less privacy in our casita than we had hoped for. With the blinds open during the day, other guests and staff can easily see what you are doing in your bedroom. On several occasions, we looked up from bed to see a grounds keeper poking around and doing something right in front of the house. They could have picked better times to do maintenance and attended to the grounds when we were not around. It kind of kills the romantic mood of a honeymoon when you have to constantly look around to make sure you are "alone."
-The security guard (who arrives around dusk) was a little creepy. At one point, when we were walking from the beach to our casita, he was holding his cell phone in a peculiar way that made it seem like he was possibly trying to take a picture of my wife. We kept our eye on him for the rest of our stay, and while he didn't do anything out of the ordinary, his unfriendly nature and initial impression of him caused us to remain suspicious.
-Breakfast was good, but on the menu the Pinto Gallo clearly states that it comes with tortillas. Both mornings, my wife had to ask for tortillas after the meal was brought to us, and since the tortillas are freshly made, it took an additional 10-15 minutes before we got them. This means that you either wait while the breakfast gets cold or you eat and have tortillas by themselves.
-The mosquito nets didn't really work properly. There were huge gaps between the netting and the floor and they moved around in the breeze, so we just decided to sleep with it open so we could get more air from the standup fan by our bed. No big deal as there weren't many bugs around.
It's easy to write up on the negatives more than the positives, but the resort was as advertised and we still give it an excellent rating. It was definitely a once in a lifetime experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Latitude 10 Resort was built as a private resort and is now available to the public. The resort consists of five spacious free standing, individually decorated and private casitas. Each casita has its own tropical decor, situated on over seven acres of private beachfront property located near the bustling beach town of Santa Teresa on the Southern tip of the Nicoya Peninsula in Costa Rica. Staying at Latitude 10 is like staying with good friends at their luxury beach house. You will experience personalized service and attention to detail in a relaxed, yet classy atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Latitude 10 Beachfront Resort, Santa Teresa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Latitude 10 Beachfront Resort, Santa Teresa Hotel Santa Teresa
- Latitude 10 Beachfront Resort, Santa Teresa Costa Rica