My wife and I were looking for an exclusive getaway for our honeymoon, and after consulting with a Danish travel-agency specialized in Costa Rica, we settled on Latitude 10. Man, was that the right choice!
After a 6 hour journey from San José cross the Gulf of Nicoya and by car through the jungle, we were greeted by a very friendly member of the staff, who showed us to our cabin and offered us each a complimentary ginger-smoothie. We explored our cabin and the surrounding jungle (yes, they are IN the jungle!), and settled back in our comfy wooden chairs on our porch with our smoothies. We were in a completely different world, and the constant, dwelling sound of the waves crept up through the jungle and made us feel in heaven.
We were there in the Green Season. We thought it to be merely a marketing-word for the rainy season, and indeed it rained a lot (though mostly in the afternoon and at night), but Costa Rica was just so incredibly green and lush everywhere, and both in rainy weather, and when it was sunny and blue sky (we had that every day as well) exploring the area was wonderful. On top of that, the area was almost completely tourist-free. We walked the incredible beaches, and for as far as our eyes could see, we were completely alone. Really amazing. This also meant that on all the tours we were on (canopy, horseback-riding, wildlife-guide, snorkeling), we were alone with the guides. Should we return, we would without a doubt choose the green season once again.
We can only repeat what others have already said:
The food was absolutely great, from the (included) breakfast with freshly pressed orange juice, to the delicious lunch selection, to the wonderful dinners prepared by the in-house chef. While dinner prices were a tad higher than the restaurants in the surrounding area, they were definitely worth the money, since it was a 3-course meal with fresh, organic ingredients and the highest degree of service.
In general, the service was really top-notch. When one of our prepaid trips were cancelled due to bad weather, the staff was fast and efficient in finding a replacement tour. And when my wife got injured on a coral reef by snorkeling, Juan (the manager) and his lovely wife expressed sincere concern, and were very helpful - they even called a doctor just to see if our medication was the right one.
The premises were very intimate, and since our cabin was surrounded by jungle (small stone steps lead to the main house), we had complete privacy - if not for the leguanas and howler monkeys in the trees above! :-)
All in all: We had our dream-honeymoon come true, and we will recommend the resort in a heartbeat. But as they say themselves, it is not for everyone, since you're practically in the jungle, and you have to bring an umbrella if you have to use the toilet at night in the rain. That just made it even more magic in our opinion. We sincerely hope we will return one day.
- Kristine & Daniel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Latitude 10 Resort was built as a private resort and is now available to the public. The resort consists of five spacious free standing, individually decorated and private casitas. Each casita has its own tropical decor, situated on over seven acres of private beachfront property located near the bustling beach town of Santa Teresa on the Southern tip of the Nicoya Peninsula in Costa Rica. Staying at Latitude 10 is like staying with good friends at their luxury beach house. You will experience personalized service and attention to detail in a relaxed, yet classy atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo and Travelocity so you can book your Latitude 10 Beachfront Resort, Santa Teresa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Latitude 10 Beachfront Resort, Santa Teresa Hotel Santa Teresa
- Latitude 10 Beachfront Resort, Santa Teresa Costa Rica