This really is like living in the middle of the jungle with the beach at your doorstep. The rooms are completely open which may be a little disconcerting at first but actually is kind of cool. The sound of crashing waves lull you to sleep and gently waken you, if the howler monkeys or birds don't wake you first!
The bathroom is large - it's enclosed with treetops for a roof. Don't expect piping hot water unless it's a very hot day- the water is heated by the sun, so it's refreshing and warm in the late afternoon/ evening. Special mention for the Gorgeous organic bath products made with mint and lavender essential oils - heavenly! Latitude should definitely offer to sell them to guests.
There's a lovely chilled out common area for hanging out which overlooks the small pool and the ocean. There's a small bar serving snacks too but not much food on offer during the day. Beach is 30 seconds away, nice spot for sunset but you can't swim or surf there during the day as its too rocky.
Entire area is kept spotlessly clean and housekeeping pop in twice a day. That said, if like me you don't like creepycrawlies, pack some bug spray and watch out for the orange and purple crabs which come out at night! One minor complaint about the room is the lack of light in the evening - the hotels use candles but half the room was still totally dark once night falls.
Latitude 10 is not full service by any stretch of the imagination. The nature experience comes with a hefty premium and I don't think it was worth the $350 a night we paid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Latitude 10 Resort was built as a private resort and is now available to the public. The resort consists of five spacious free standing, individually decorated and private casitas. Each casita has its own tropical decor, situated on over seven acres of private beachfront property located near the bustling beach town of Santa Teresa on the Southern tip of the Nicoya Peninsula in Costa Rica. Staying at Latitude 10 is like staying with good friends at their luxury beach house. You will experience personalized service and attention to detail in a relaxed yet classy atmosphere. Latitude 10 is part of the Cayuga Collection of Sustainable Luxury Hotels and Lodges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Jetsetter so you can book your Latitude 10 Beachfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Latitude 10 Beachfront Resort, Santa Teresa Hotel Santa Teresa
- Latitude 10 Beachfront Resort Costa Rica/Santa Teresa