I can usually find positives in a hotel, but I'm having trouble coming up with any for Escencia. We stayed in the larger building at the back of the property as opposed to one of the villas.
First off, it seemed like everything in the room needed to be updated. Our towels had stains, our blanket had stains and holes, and tiles were missing from the walls. Understandably, Santa Theresa is sandy and dusty, but the room never looked clean after the cleaning people serviced it. Beyond cleanliness, the bedding was odd. There was just a thin blanket on the bed and three (not four) extremely flat pillows. I was actually cold at night in the middle of a jungle.
The staff is disorganized at best and dishonest at worst. We decided not to order breakfast during our stay but had two breakfasts charged to our bill. We were able to get those removed fairly easily. Then, we were accused of taking items from the mini-bar. We did not. After a great deal of arguing, we had those charges removed as well.
Beyond the dishonesty, service was terrible. Every time we went to the front desk to ask a question, we were told to wait, usually for ten minutes. We had an iguana use our balcony as a bathroom and asked the front desk to call for a clean-up. It sat there for an entire day until housekeeping returned.
I think the only things we liked about the hotel were its proximity to the beach and the pool. Neither were good enough to convince me to stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Santa Teresa-Mal Pais Beach, one of the most virgin and beautiful regions! Endless miles of soft, white sand beach perfect for swimming and surfing. The hotel offers ten marvelous, independent and private villas. All villas have their own terrace with garden view, bathroom, hot water and safety box. Other exquisite elements are the teak chairs, the furniture and the deck of the villa made out of precious woods. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Esencia Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Esencia Hotel And Villas
- Esencia Hotel Santa Teresa
- Esencia Hotel & Villas Costa Rica/Santa Teresa