“The best trip at the best hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beach Break Surf Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Beach Break Surf Hotel
You added Beach Break Surf Hotel to your Saves list
Santa Teresa, Santa Teresa 506, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #22 of 25 Hotels in Santa Teresa
San José
“The best trip at the best hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

I just came back from the most amazing trip at Beach Break Santa Teresa. I was there for a week with 20 friends, celebrating new year's eve. We had always wanted to go to Santa Teresa, and after doing some research and being almost scammed by a nearby hotel (read my other reviews), we landed on Beach Break, an incredibly convenient and welcoming place.

As we were a large group, we booked 6 rooms and the management located us in the cabinas away from the other rooms, so were as loud as we wanted and never bothered the neighbors. The staff was always helpful and willing to give the best advise on places to eat, shop and party. The cleaning ladies would even fold the towels in fun shapes, which is a nonessential, but a nice gesture nonetheless.

The rooms were fully equipped with hot water, AC, a fridge, a propane stove, basic cable tv, dvd player and even wifi. There was a little problem with our stove, so we contacted the staff and they replaced it with a new one within minutes. The cleaning crew came once a day and took care of our mess.

The beach itself exceeded my expectations, there was no trash in the sand and according to my friends that surf, the waves were great. The nightlife was incredible and the people were all friendly.

I strongly recommend Santa Teresa for people who enjoy a beautiful scenery, relaxation, meeting fun people and spending quality time with family and friends. I also recommend Beach Break for it's convenient location, comfortable and affordable rooms and for it's amazing service.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

My friend and I were only going to be in Santa Teresa for a couple of days so we wanted to stay somewhere that was convenient, affordable and above all else clean...and we found just that and more at Beach Break Hotel. A modest hotel, close to the beach, Beach Break was a great chill place to stay - clean room with a balcony, A/C, TV/DVD player (which we didn't actually need but was nice to have the option) and very friendly staff. I liked it so much in fact will be staying there again when I head to CR this winter.
So if you're looking for a place to stay when booking your next surfing trip I would for sure consider Beach Break...you really can't go wrong.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2010

Unfortunately, we were suppose to stay there for 7 nights, but we only ended up staying for one night as there were 15 locals partying in the room next to us. Apart from that, it was poorly laid out and we joked that we felt that we were in a jail cell. Inside and outside felt very "un-costa rican" like as we couldn't relax because of the vibe that was being let off at Beach Break. The location was good and the air conditioning was cold, but apart from that, I would never return. There is many other places in Santa Teresa that are easily better than this place, and a fraction of the cost. I would never recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Richmond, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2009

We didn't have reservations at the hotel and we originally thought we would stay at the Funky Monkey because they do a better job of advertising than the other hotels in the area. After going to the Funky Monkey and being extremely disappointed at their overly priced 'ocean views' which were only tree canopies and unkempt atmosphere, we asked the Funky Monkey staff where else we could go. (The Funky Monkey was $100 per night and the host told us for an additional $20 he would think about turning on the A/C for us!) They referred us to the Beach Break hotel which is right down the road from Funky Monkey. The rooms here at the Beach Break are much better-hot water, A/C, TV, clean, balcony and right next to everything! The friendly staff was happy to show us a room at 8pm and was pleasant to deal with. $40 per night! If you are looking for a great clean room with easy access to beach/surfing, restaurants, nightlife and surf shop shopping, stay here instead of the other guys down the road.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2009

The nasty unhelpful 20 year old local desk employee at this dump laughed when I went to then the next morning after our 1st night, after finding we had been broken into with a KEY, while sleeping, during the night, and completely robbed of everything.
2 girls on our 1st night, only 2 rooms were booked in the hotel, no security guard on duty, and only the desk girl has the keys...hmmm. Being laughed at is not my idea of fun. To top it off, I dreamt all night of flashlights in my eyes, and people in the room. Later, local friends told me that they spray a sleeping aid in your face to keep you a sleep while robbing you. Lovely. This place is a dump. You get what you pay for....a dirt bag employee a owner who doesn't care, and a laugh in the face. I have stayed in 15 places in this town 3-6 time s a year...this was the worst in EVERY WAY.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2009

We found this place online and didn't know what to expect... pleasant surprise!

The place was very clean (maids come in daily to straighten up the rooms), had its own security guard, and everyone room had its own air conditioner, porch / blacony, bathroom, and tv with DVD PLAYER!? Yep, and it was only thirty bucks a night total for a two-bed room. That's pretty serious for a hotel in Santa Teresa area.

Surf was great, but paddle out was tough (as is the surf all along that part of the coastline). I don't think there's food there, but there are great restaurants and cool corner stores with snacks / sunscreen / etc. all over, so it's not a big deal. Oh yeah, and you get a mini-fridge in your room. Crazy.

If I go back to Santa Teresa, I'm deifnitely staying here again.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
San Jose
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2008

My boyfriend and I are not surfers but stayed here two nights while travelling around Costa Rica. The owners were really welcoming and friendly, and the rooms clean, comfortable and good value.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Beach Break Surf Hotel? Share your experiences!