“Great place, friendly people” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beach Break Surf Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Beach Break Surf Hotel
You added Beach Break Surf Hotel to your Saves list
Santa Teresa, Santa Teresa 506, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #22 of 25 Hotels in Santa Teresa
San Jose
“Great place, friendly people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2008

My boyfriend and I are not surfers but stayed here two nights while travelling around Costa Rica. The owners were really welcoming and friendly, and the rooms clean, comfortable and good value.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2008

I stayed at Beach Break for a week and absolutely loved it! The room was clean, air conditioned, had a TV, DVD player, safe, hot water, and was very affordable. The staff were friendly and helpful. The manager gave us lots of great advice about good places to eat and places to visit. Plus, the hotel is minutes from the beach and TONS of great places to eat!

• Disliked — No pool
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2008

Two friends and I stayed here the first week of July 2008. We were given a nice room with three beds, mini fridge, safe lock box, tv and dvd player, and private balcony (with chairs), Our room was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. It is located next to a great little place to eat and only a 1-2 minute walk to the beach. Oh there was also hot water, which is great because we spent three weeks traveling and not all places has hot water. Our room was only $45/night or $15 per person which is definitely a great deal for being so close to the beach and having all the above amenities. I had a great time here and I would stay here again if I return to Santa Teresa. Enjoy!

• Disliked — No pool
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
East Coast USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2008

Clean hotel with a great location. Its right in front of a great surf spot, and there are great resturaunts and bars within walking distance. The staff is great as well, and there rates are definetly reasonable. Highly recomended.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2008

Beach Break Hotel Rocks! Its right in the middle of town and the staff is so friendly and helpful. It has all the ammenities of a fancy hotel without the high price. This was hands down one of my best experiences in Costa Rica.

Stayed July 2008
eugene, or
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2008

This was the most amazing trip yet to Costa Rica! i would highly recommend Beach Break Hotel to anyone interested in terrific lodging in the middle of paradise. The manager Suzy is amazingly friendly and full of tips on fun things to do and see while staying in the area. There are amenities such as a/c, a fridge, a tv with dvd player, a sweet balcony for every room and hot showers. The price is extremely reasonable and there is also a safe in each room for security. It is located just a few minutes walk from the most breathtaking white sand beach. You can surf awesome waves and meet all kinds of fascinating travelers from around the world. I loved it so much that i returned to the exact same spot just 2 months later.
I can not wait to get back to Santa Teresa and stay at my favorite hotel!!

• Liked — perfect location, super friendly staff, quality accomodations
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with friends
Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2008

I just got back from a trip to CR with my girlfriend and stayed at the Beach Break for a night. This was the most disappointing part or the entire trip without question!

We rented a small house that is just up the driveway from the hotel. Altough they advertise it as having a kitchen, I wouldn't even consider preparing food there it was so filthy. There was literally a layer of dirt coating the "kitchen", which was nothing more than an unclean sink and refrigerator and a two burner PROPANE stove. Yes, propane, ie, not safe to burn indoors, unless you're looking for a little carbon monoxide poisoning on your trip.

The shower was supposed to be hot, but was nowhere near hot. Besides, most of the water coming out of the broken shower head sprayed all over the nearby wall and then all over the bathroom floor (which could have used some cleaning anyways). The floor, including in the shower, was so dirty that we had to wear flip flops even in the shower. When I tried adjusting the broken shower head I got an electrical shock! The shower head was being held together with electrical tape that was completely saturated from the water spraying everywhere.

Already disgusted with this place, I went to use the bathroom sink and saw there was a large clump of hair in the drain. At that point I wasn't surprised in any way.

We found ants in the entire place, so shoes were a must no matter what. Fortunately they didn't get into the bed with us.

I am perfectly comfortable living the "backpacker" or hostel lifestyle while travelling, but this place was worse than any hostel I've stayed at anywhere in the world! The worst part is that I paid the equivalent price as I would have in the US, not hostel rates!

I brought up these concerns to the Floridian manager (don't remember her name, sorry) when I was checking out the next morning. Instead of dealing with the problem or even offering a discount, she simply tore up my paperwork and stormed out of the office.

I definitely recommend visiting Santa Teresa but there are plenty of places to stay nearby. DO NOT stay at the Beach Break!!!

• Liked — Nothing positive about this experience
  • Disliked — Dirty hostel conditions with the price of an American hotel.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Beach Break Surf Hotel? Share your experiences!