“excellent choice!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beach Break Surf Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Beach Break Surf Hotel
You added Beach Break Surf Hotel to your Saves list
Santa Teresa, Santa Teresa 506, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #22 of 25 Hotels in Santa Teresa
San Jose, Costa Rica
“excellent choice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I went to this place trying to find some place, not so expensive but with the necessary to have a nice travel experience, and I found all on this place... even better than i think at first we i make the reservation, the room was fully equipped, AC, cable Tv, WIFI free, kitchen fully equipped, hot water, very clean, if you need something just need walk no more than 50 mts and you can buy anything at the super, (pizza tomatoes is a very good choice if you are hungry) the beach is at no more 5 mins walking, and the guy in reception, Johan, was very friendly and nice, for sure, when I come back to Santa Teresa, this will be an excellent option,
the place doesn’t have parking spaces, but in the space for parking just next to hotel entrance, there is a guardian all night long watching your vehicle, this was a very very good decision, recommended at 100%
note: excellent place for young people who wants a place to have fun !

Room Tip: if you want sleep well dont choice in front rooms, because santa teresa is a very noisy place, but t...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
San Juan, Puerto Rico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

We stayed at this hotel upon arrival in Santa Teresa. The place looked nice overall but the vibe of the place was off. The people next door to us were very loud and in the middle of the night a fight broke out in front of the hotel that ended with someone throwing glass bottles toward our balcony. We never felt safe there. We only stayed one night and ran away the next day. Overall Santa Teresa wasn't for us. To much aggression, noise and overrated surfer/hippies. The worst of our stay in Costa Rica.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
San Jose, Costa Rica
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I like the beach break a lot, in the possitive side, their price was great for 2 nights ($100: room with air conditioner, cable, hot water), No towel to take to the beach but the guy was nice enough to give me one when I asked him. PLUS: Internet was excellent in the room. sometimes hard to find in the area hotels. Mini fridge was very handy!
Sadly as a photographer I have expensive equipment with me when I travel around the country to do destination wedding photography. The room has no safe and the door knob is like any bedroom's door knob! Anyone that knows how to pick a lock would be able to open it. I went to the beach before going to work and stayed for like 40 minutes because I was too nervous about my camera gear and laptop in my room. Santa Teresa is getting a little more dangerous and I heard a few scary stories from the townspeople so that got me even more nervous.... Another thing I missed was the shampoo and conditioner in the bathroom, I never travel with it because I assume the hotel will provide... but hey, no biggie.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011

a standard hotel. the water flow and all was fine. and the AC worked fine too. The front desk was very helpful in helping us find the best surf instructor. would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

stayed 3 weeks at this hotel and loved it! its a very good price for what you get. has clean rooms with cleaning every day, a safetyguy who guards at night and helpful staff. try to get a room with the balcony fronting the shared area and the ranch with less dust. there are some parties there as well as a very loud roaster and monkeys so bring earplugs if you get disturbed easily..

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
San José
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

I just came back from the most amazing trip at Beach Break Santa Teresa. I was there for a week with 20 friends, celebrating new year's eve. We had always wanted to go to Santa Teresa, and after doing some research and being almost scammed by a nearby hotel (read my other reviews), we landed on Beach Break, an incredibly convenient and welcoming place.

As we were a large group, we booked 6 rooms and the management located us in the cabinas away from the other rooms, so were as loud as we wanted and never bothered the neighbors. The staff was always helpful and willing to give the best advise on places to eat, shop and party. The cleaning ladies would even fold the towels in fun shapes, which is a nonessential, but a nice gesture nonetheless.

The rooms were fully equipped with hot water, AC, a fridge, a propane stove, basic cable tv, dvd player and even wifi. There was a little problem with our stove, so we contacted the staff and they replaced it with a new one within minutes. The cleaning crew came once a day and took care of our mess.

The beach itself exceeded my expectations, there was no trash in the sand and according to my friends that surf, the waves were great. The nightlife was incredible and the people were all friendly.

I strongly recommend Santa Teresa for people who enjoy a beautiful scenery, relaxation, meeting fun people and spending quality time with family and friends. I also recommend Beach Break for it's convenient location, comfortable and affordable rooms and for it's amazing service.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

My friend and I were only going to be in Santa Teresa for a couple of days so we wanted to stay somewhere that was convenient, affordable and above all else clean...and we found just that and more at Beach Break Hotel. A modest hotel, close to the beach, Beach Break was a great chill place to stay - clean room with a balcony, A/C, TV/DVD player (which we didn't actually need but was nice to have the option) and very friendly staff. I liked it so much in fact will be staying there again when I head to CR this winter.
So if you're looking for a place to stay when booking your next surfing trip I would for sure consider Beach Break...you really can't go wrong.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Beach Break Surf Hotel? Share your experiences!