We stayed in Funky Monkey lodge for ten during in August and we really loved it.
We stayed in the Suite which is beautifully decorated with a really comfortable bed, private bathroom, outside shower and large private terrace which overlooks the trees. From here we saw monkeys, butterflies and hummingbirds and could hear the crashing waves from the ocean.
Funky Monkey has great facilities, with a nice swimming pool, kitchen, bar and restaurant. They also do on site yoga and silk classes. The property is quite big and it felt secluded and quiet which is nice when you want to relax. There are lots of plants and flowers everywhere, which is very pretty and you can see lots of animals around the property. We saw monkeys, butterflies, iguanas, lizards and birds and also the owners dogs who are so sweet and love cuddles. We loved Nacho's little dog Prince so so much, he is the cutest and we wanted to take him home with us!
The restaurant here is really great! Every time we ate here the food was delicious. Juan and Nacho are really great chefs and the menu includes lots of fresh fish and healthy dishes and Lucio's cocktails are amazing. They even have a Sushi night twice a week which we really loved!
Gabi and Emilio the owners are really nice and helpful and all the staff made us feel really welcome. Everyone helped us lots with planning fun things to do, like booking ATV's, horse riding and recommending nice places to see. Gabi also helped us lots with organising the transport to our next location which was really, really helpful and saved us a lot of confusion. She is amazing and works really hard to make your stay great.
We loved Santa Teresa so much. There is so much fun activities to do like horse riding, yoga, surfing, fishing, ATV rental, national parks. waterfall trekking and really beautiful beaches to explore. Santa Teresa beach is only a five minute walk from Funky Monkey and it is beautiful to watch the sunset there after a day of surfing. There is also Playa El Carmen and Playa Hermosa which are really pretty and good for all different surfing abilities. The town of Santa Teresa is nice to and really laid back and chilled. It has all the things with needed like surf board rental, banks, grocery shops, bars, nice restaurants and cafes and pretty shops. Everyone we met here was kind and friendly and we felt at home here from the first day.
Our stay here was really amazing and made our holiday really special. Funky Monkey is my top recommendation for anyone visiting Costa Rica and we will definitely be returning at the next possible opportunity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beach lodge on a natural hill in the middle of a private jungle, away from the main street but only 200m walking from the main surfer beach, famous for its white sand and perfect waves. Great place for solo travelers, couples, families or groups. Clean and comfortable rooms with daily maid, free wireless, free and secure parking, safe place with restaurant and swimming pool. Great getaway! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and HostelBookers so you can book your Funky Monkey Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Funky Monkey Hotel Santa Teresa
- Funky Monkey Santa Teresa
- Funky Monkey Lodge Costa Rica/Santa Teresa