We stayed for 3 very comfortable nights. Funky Monkey is a little more rustic than I am used too, but I am very glad I booked this lodge for my family. The price is right! We bumped into another family (they had 2 daughters) on their way out and they gave us great restaurant recommendations. The staff hooked us up with Juan from Natura Surf Life and we booked surf lessons for the next 3 days. So much fun! One day we went to Montezuma Falls. A great place to see.
The lodge has a great outdoor bar and restaurant. We did eat out mostly because there are so many amazing dining options in Santa Teresa. To save a few dollars we did buy fruit and yogurt at the grocery store and ate breakfast at the communal kitchen up above the pool. Sushi night was great at the Funky Monkey, they do it once a week and all the locals attend.
The staff was very helpful. They even prepared coffee early for me since I'm an early bird. There is a ping pong table, pool table and chess board to keep you entertained if you don't feel like taking a dip in the pool or booking private or group yoga lessons.
Our room had a full size bed and bunk beds, safe and mini fridge.The outdoor bathroom was amazing. A private shower in the sun, yes please! We all fought over the hammock on our porch. It is open concept...there are screens, mosquito netting and fans. You need to be ok with this. I will tell you though we ended our stay in Costa Rica at a 5 star resort and had fire ants in our room. You are in Costa Rica, there will be bugs!
The younger foreign and American travelers/backpackers were of no complaint to us, they never disturbed us. They kept to themselves or were pleasant.
Funky Monkey is in a great location. You can walk to the store, beach and to restaurants. It is set on top of a hill down a short road so that you are not on the main street going in and out of town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beach lodge on a natural hill in the middle of a private jungle, away from the main street but only 200m walking from the main surfer beach, famous for its white sand and perfect waves. Great place for solo travelers, couples, families or groups. Clean and comfortable rooms with daily maid, free wireless, free and secure parking, safe place with restaurant and swimming pool. Great getaway! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Funky Monkey Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Funky Monkey Hotel Santa Teresa
- Funky Monkey Santa Teresa
- Funky Monkey Lodge Costa Rica/Santa Teresa