I stayed in one of the little bungalows and really enjoyed my experience there. The best part of this hotel is having your own balcony. My sister and I ate all of our meals there and spent some time reading on rainy days (you are protected from the rain!). The kitchen was convenient, quite well stocked, not the cleanest place I've seen but still veyr functional and convenient when trying to save money on restaurant meals. The beach is gorgeous and only a 5 minute walk from the lodge. We took a surfing lesson with their instructors which was great, and cheap. We each had our own private instructor for 3 hours, at the cheap cost of 35$ each! The bungalows are not closed up, so bugs and reptiles in the room are to be expected. As well, bear in mind that you will wake up every morning at 4am because of the howler monkeys, barking dogs and roosters!
- Also Known As:
- Funky Monkey Hotel Santa Teresa
- Funky Monkey Hotel
- Funky Monkey Santa Teresa
- Funky Monkey Lodge Costa Rica/Santa Teresa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beach Lodge for solo travellers, couples, families or groups, situated on the top of a natural rock hill, in the middle of a private jungle. Featuring all types of accommodations we can create the perfect setting for any group. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your Funky Monkey Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.