The Funky Monkey was a great place for me and my 2 kids, 11 and 13, to spend the beach part of our Costa Rica vacation. It was just what I was looking for - simple, friendly, safe and comfortable; a step up from a hostel but affordable. We had a private bungalow with a queen bed and bunk beds, and private bathroom with cold water shower. Everything is open air, including the bathroom, which I loved. it was hot outside but with the ceiling fan we were very comfortable (no A/C). We spent a lot of time reading and relaxing in the hammocks on the porch. It is up the hill off the main road, so it felt very safe and tucked away. It's not on the beach and doesn't have ocean views, but the beach is an easy 5 minute walk and it has lovely grounds and pool. I gave it a 3 for sleep because the mattresses aren't the greatest and the dogs and roosters are pretty busy pretty early. We had a surfing lesson with Nacho which was fantastic, and I took a great yoga class at the property's dojo. The food was excellent. I would definitely return and highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beach lodge on a natural hill in the middle of a private jungle, away from the main street but only 200m walking from the main surfer beach, famous for its white sand and perfect waves. Great place for solo travelers, couples, families or groups. Clean and comfortable rooms with daily maid, free wireless, free and secure parking, safe place with restaurant and swimming pool. Great getaway! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, HostelBookers and HostelWorld so you can book your Funky Monkey Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Funky Monkey Hotel Santa Teresa
- Funky Monkey Santa Teresa
- Funky Monkey Lodge Costa Rica/Santa Teresa