We came to Santa Teresa for the first time and immediately fell in love with this quiet, beautiful and peaceful place right at the beach. A friend recommended Red Palms who stayed here a couple of years ago. The friendly communication and care-taking in advance such as our pick-up in Jaco where we stayed previously as well as the boat transfer to Santa Teresa already excited us weeks before we even left Berlin. The owner Mike and also Yateem who manages this wonderful place intrigued us by their full service and always organized anything, even on short notice. Yateem also took care of our car rental and organized the car delivery to the hotel on the day we had to leave. The first day we arrived he booked us into surf lessons with Mick who was also a very patient and great instructor. Everyone at Red Palms including Lucrecia and her colleague as well as the night guards, masseuse and cleaning women were incredibly friendly and helpful.
The place itself is located directly at the quiet end of Santa Teresa s beach and offers some comfy lounges and hammocks as well as a natural garden where you can find iguanas, monkeys and of course not to forget the three cute dogs of Red Palms who hung out at the beach with us and followed us whenever they could. We stayed in one of the suites next to the reception and enjoyed the mixture of open living room and kitchen and inside bed- and bathroom. The suite was cleaned everyday, towels as many as you need and they also put fresh cut flowers into the rooms. You can tell why the name is Red Palms since there are many red palmish trees around and at night there are some very scentic trees filling the air with a wonderful smell. We liked the fact we had a minibar service in addition to using our own kitchen for breakfast and dinner. If you want full room-service and dislike the idea of being really close-and we mean REALLY- to nature and define your vacation by hanging inside watching TV this place might not be for you. But who loves nature will love Red Palms that might be said as a final statement. You can hear all kinds of animals at night but still enjoy a well-tempered room due to the AC. If you are interested in a trip to Tortuga island or anywhere else, Yateem and his associates are happy to help. We left for Playa Grande after having stayed there for 4 nights and we already miss this place!! When we left, Yateem also had print outs ready with our route we had to drive up and he practically called up everyone to see and secure that the road we chose driving up to Samara was safe and not a problem for us. We had to cross 3 rivers but at low tide no prob, just fun. :) we can fully recommend this place to anyone who wants to come up here and we will definitely come back. Hopefully very soon. Good place for all kinds- lovers, families and elderly.
Annika & Florian from Berlin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the beach, private, awesome views, #1 honeymoon villas and suites, full service.A 24 hour front desk.Daily housekeeping included in the room rate.Private bathroom for each unit.If there is a minimum-stay requirement, it must be no more than 3 nights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Despegar.com and Travelocity so you can book your The Red Palm Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Palm Villas Hotel Santa Teresa
- The Red Palm Villas Costa Rica/Santa Teresa