“The PERFECT place for a destination wedding and/or honeymoon!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
VILLAS AVAIL UNTIL DEC 28
Ranked #14 of 25 Hotels in Santa Teresa
Seattle, Washington
“The PERFECT place for a destination wedding and/or honeymoon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

We recently had our weddingmoon at Red Palms Villas and it was dreamlike! We loved everything about the Red Palms especially their staff which was very accommodating and treated us like royalty. We started our stay in the Harmony Villa and ended it in the Honeymoon Villa. Both villas were amazing!

The Harmony Villa is set in the middle of a beautiful garden with plenty of room to relax in a stunning sunroom area. It’s so peaceful! When we arrived waiting for us was a fruit basket, champagne, and delicately placed flower petals with 2 towel swans forming a heart on the bed. Very romantic! These are the types of things that the Red Palms does that make it stand out from the other places we stayed at in Costa Rica. I thought it was a little different and liked the fact that the bathroom in the Harmony Villa is outside. Don’t worry though, it’s no outhouse; the path to reach it is covered and it has a regular toilet, sink, and shower. The howler monkeys liked to jump on the roof of the shower while we were in there.

The Honeymoon Villa is the king of villas though. It is a 2 story villa right on the beach surrounded with breathtaking views. It has the best of both worlds: an air-conditioned bedroom downstairs to cool off in and an open air upstairs bedroom where you can fall asleep to the sound of the ocean. Two of the highlights of the villa are the huge covered patio area where we liked to relax at night and an extraordinary ocean view open air mosaic tiled shower. The Honeymoon Villa was definitely the nicest place we stayed in Costa Rica and looking back we really wish we would have booked it for longer.

The location of the Red Palms is probably our favorite thing about the place. The whole time we were there we pretty much had the beach to ourselves. Our main mode of transportation around town was an ATV that the Red Palms had the rental place drop off for us. Renting an ATV made just cruising around town fun. Santa Teresa and Mal Pais have nice little downtown areas that are right down the road from the Red Palms. Erik, the Red Palms GM, arranged a number of activities for us and helped us with where to go and what to see. Our favorite place we went was the Rainsong Wildlife Sanctuary, a habitat that rescues injured animals and nurses them back to health, where we got to hold baby howler monkeys. Our favorite activity was the zipline in Mal Pais. The zipline operators made it a lot of fun and it has some incredible views. The Cabo Blanco Hike was a little strenuous in the heat, but the breathtaking beach at the end made it worth our struggles. The Montezuma Waterfalls are worth a visit and a perfect place to cool off after the ATV ride there.

Having our wedding at The Red Palms was great because every detail for the ceremony was taken care of for us and they knew the perfect locals to use for each task. Lucrecia, the Red Palms event coordinator, was there for us every step of the way from the planning stages to helping us with the last minute details the day of the ceremony. And I haven’t seen a more beautiful spot for a wedding than the beach in front of the Red Palms. Our photographer they recommended took outstanding pictures and had them edited and on a disc for us before we left. The videographer that they work with made us a memorable keepsake for us to show to everyone that couldn’t make the event. Their officiate/lawyer did an excellent job of putting the ceremony together and is taking care of all the paperwork for us to make sure our marriage is legal. The guitar player was a nice touch for our ceremony and I was able to arrange a song with him beforehand that he played for us while I sang to my new wife. They also arranged for private chef James Kelly to cook us an incredible 4 coarse wedding dinner in our villa and he then served it to us on our patio overlooking the beach. It was the best meal I had in Costa Rica and maybe even in my whole life. The Red Palms put together a destination wedding that far exceeding our expectations.

When booking our trip with Mike, the owner, he told us that we’d be sorry that we were not spending more of our time in Costa Rica at the Red Palms and he was right. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010

My husband and I just returned home to Atlanta this past Sunday night from spending 8 days at Red Palm Villas on Santa Teresa Beach. What an amazing experience! We chose Red Palm Villas as the place for our "weddingmoon". We wanted somewhere private, somewhat secluded and beautiful, and Red Palms delivered all of this! The staff, Lucrecia in particular, was outstanding coordinating and handling all the details of our wedding ceremony. She really went the extra mile to make everything so special and beautiful for us. We had a private chef prepare dinner for us in our villa the night of our wedding ceremony, and the food was absolutely delicious! Throughout our time there, we took many walks along the beautiful beach, drove our ATV down by Playa Hermosa and to Montezuma - both had breathtaking views of beach, rainforest, and the wildlife. We spent time relaxing inside of our beautiful Honeymoon Villa, listening to the sound of the waves and the birds around us. There are also 3 dogs who live at Red Palm Villas. These dogs were so sweet and were wonderful companions for us during our stay. We hold a very special place in our hearts for Red Palm Villas and their staff. The staff were readily available and very helpful with anything we needed. They made our wedding and honeymoon an unforgettable experience. We hope to return again for our anniversary.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Broadview Heights, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

Red Palm Villas was one of the most unique and beautiful places we've ever stayed. We felt like we were living in a treehouse in the Humming Bird Villa--albeit an extremely beautiful, comfortable and exceptional treehouse with the soothing sound of thundering waves and the fabulous beach just steps away. It is the ideal location if you're looking for privacy, seclusion and just some rest and relaxation surrounded by your own tropical paradise. The grounds are well cared for as there seemed to always be someone working hard to make them fabulous looking , and every once in a while you may spot a monkey high up in the trees. The staff is excellent and accommodating and will do everything to make your stay an unforgettable one including arranging all of your excursions, i.e. canopy tours, surf lessons, atv or bike rental, restaurants, etc. Hope to go back someday..

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Anaheim, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

I have been coming to Red Palm Villas for a couple years and am in love w this place. I come every year and simply cant wait to go back.
Last time I came, I came w my mom and my brother. We got to relax and spent quality time together and we have such great memories of this magical place.
I have been fortunate enough to stay in both the beach front villas. I really can't say which one I love most. The hummingbird villa is all made out of wood with such detailed work and the stained glass on the doors and wooden molinillo post are like nothing I've ever seen before. For sure I'm the queen of the jungle here! The view and the sounds of the ocean and crickets and howler monkey is WOW... not to mention you can see the squirls and the iguanas play on the trees right infront of you!
Ok so the honeymoon villa is a bit bigger and if you like a more modern look rather than rustic and a bit more space,this is the place for you. I recomend this place for familys. There is a big patio outside for your big meals and sharing w your loved ones. The bedroom down stairs is big, comfortable and surrounded by windows and there is ac. The bathroom is huge! Double sink and the huge mosaic of a wave is undescribable! I heard it took around 4 months to make. Its open so you can also see the waves as you shower. The second floor is all open w a view all around. There is a bed here to, don't worry there are curtains for privacy. So when I stay here this is where I sleep, I call it ...the Princess bed. I'll fight anyone to sleep here. I love to experience the real thing .... sunrise, the ocean the howler monkeys, the birds singing in the morning. I want it when I'm here. If you perfer no bugs and quiet then the ac bedroom would be for you. I guess its like a loft you could say, the kitchen is open and large, for cooking familys. For me, I just wake w a big smile on my face and get my coffee and sit out in front,enjoy the scenery, the wind in my face. Oh and later on you absolutely have to be free to watch the sunset, w the pink and reds and oranges.. its just breathtaking!!
The decorating in the homes from the colors chosen to the curtains and throws and ceramics and the beautiful fresh birds of paradise and ginger flowers is just all so well thought of. The architecture..The wood work..Everything is handmade w such detailed work. When I look at it, all I think is of the love Mike has put into it to make it so perfect and unique. It just had to be made w love and passion for it to turn out this way. Its perfect.The land is beautiful and clean and well kept, with chairs outside for you to sit in and hammocks also.
Red palm villas crew is amazing always so attentive when u need anything. Everyone is just wonderful! They will help u anything from information of the best restaurants, to any tour, to transportation. There is soo much you could do here.
All I could say is I really can't wait to go back next year and thank you for making my stay so wonderful and memorable! I guess the only down fall about coming here is the broken heart you deal w when its time to go...

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

Red Palm was absolutely stunning! The resort manager was exteremly knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. The staff was very attentive and thorough. The grounds were amazing. We stayed in the deluxe luxury suite and we fell in love with every inch. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was beautiful. Everything in the kitchen and living room was designed perfectly. We really wanted to stay there permanently. The grounds are very secluded and full of bright flowers and beautiful tropical plants, making it very romantic and private for strolling. The beach is beautiful and perfect for swimming and laying out in the sun. Big, comfortable hammocks are everywhere, providing a perfect afternoon nap spot. We very highly recommend Red Palm as the absolute best place to stay in Santa Teresa.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Vineland, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

We arrived with a family of 13 and met two more people on site; it all was arranged by the great staff of the Red Palms. The property is like paradise, so much so that all of my nieces want to have their weddings there. It is the most beautiful vacation I ever took. We were amazed at how beautiful and clean the rooms were.. The honeymoon villa was so special and the upstairs was so private and solitude. All the bedrooms were designed with the most gorgeous colors and the flowers only show the beauty of the country. Nothing was left out. .The bathroom in the large house was one of my favorite rooms, what a gorgeous mosaic wall! Throughout our stay we kept very busy... doing activities such as surf lessons, horse back riding (from the beach to the mountains), riding ATV's, and went day trips to local cities. We went zip lining, hiking, swimming, relaxed in the tide pools and the hammocks. We traveled to other resorts and could not find one that even compared to the red palms. We needed laundry done while we were here and it was returned the same day. What a great staff, they made our trip a wonderful experience. In the evenings our large group gathered at the large house ate together and enjoyed each others company. Any need we had was fulfilled by the staff. We visited multiple times, but our most memorable trip was when we brought the entire family. The teens needed to get back to nature and get away from computers which, in the end they loved. We will continue to visit and recommend The Red Palms Villas to all of our family and friends. 5 stars all the way

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

I went to Red Palm Villas on 2004, when I was 7 months pregnant, and I've returned year after year ever since. Back in 2004, Red Palms was highly recommended to us but it surpassed our expectations. It offered villas with exquisite design and comfort in a very pristine beach with such a private environment. It was the most relaxing holiday, like having the whole beach to ourselves. It is also in a great spot in Santa Teresa which is a fantastic beach, with close access to surf and tide pools (a little bit for everyone, and perfect for us). The staff was very attentive and every detail was well taken care of. A nice plus is that Santa Teresa has fantastic restaurants and a very unique and culturally diverse little town that is nice to explore.
Then I returned when my son was 1 and he loved the tide pools that form right next to the hotel. When he was 2 he loved waiting for the howler monkeys that arrive almost every day and looking for lizards, butterflies, and tropical birds.
The magical thing about Red Palms is that is has adapted to our needs at every stage, I was perfect for a relaxing holiday and also entertaining for a young boy.

TIPS. Try the Vista del Mar restaurant, and the little french bakery (It's fantastic). Also walk to the end of beach, there are amazing rock formations and beautiful tide pools.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to The Red Palm Villas? Share your experiences!